litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Day Being Sold By Two Different Companies

JonS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Trackdays.co.uk do not run any track days themselves they just resell days run by other providers. So it'll be a Javelin run day and Trackdays.co.uk will have bought some places off them to sell.

Dont mean to be snobby or elitest here but I honestly prefer to go to LOT trackdays with mostly fellow lotus's simply because anyone who books a day via trackdays or javelin can turn up in any old bucket of rust uninsured and mostly out of control, drive into you and there isnt a thing you can do about it.

Ok for sure driving on track is still risky but why make that risk higher by driving against ppl who will want to prove a point, all to save a few quid?

I know where you are coming from Jay, I'm already a member of LOT, and a mate of mine, who has a Z4, but an interest in Lotus is also a member of LOT. However, another mate of ours has a Golf GTI with DSG gearbox and is not allowed to join LOT with a hatch, therefore for us to do a TD together we have to do a non-LOT day. Not happy about it myself, but hey.

As for the two difference companies, I thought that might be the case. Javelin it is. Thanks :)

I know where you are coming from Jay, I'm already a member of LOT, and a mate of mine, who has a Z4, but an interest in Lotus is also a member of LOT. However, another mate of ours has a Golf GTI with DSG gearbox and is not allowed to join LOT with a hatch, therefore for us to do a TD together we have to do a non-LOT day. Not happy about it myself, but hey.

As for the two difference companies, I thought that might be the case. Javelin it is. Thanks :)

Well I've seen a fair few things at LOT days other than lotus's for example there was a peugeot I think 106? and an ancient rover vitesse, I personally thought you could turn up in anything as long as you were happy to pay the £30 and then the trackday fee's I think the idea behind the £30 is so that not too many ppl not with a lotus would pay the extra.

Anyway enjoy your trackday JonS just watch out for the idiots :)

Archived