litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Taku Misses Out On Infineon Top Ten

Mark H

Takuma Sato missed out on a top ten finish at the Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma after being forced to make a pit-stop late in the race.

Taku had started 17th at the wheel of his #5 Lotus-backed KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara but ran consistently in the top ten on his first race outing at Infineon Raceway.

However, despite making a number of impressive moves for position during the race, Taku ultimately ended the race in 18th place after being forced to make an unscheduled late stop to replace a punctured tyre.

"It was a difficult weekend for our team as we couldn't find the speed we wanted," the former F1 star said. "However, in the race, we were able to start getting things together. I had many exciting side-by-side moments and with 15 laps to go I was running tenth.

"However on the final restart, it looked like we had a mechanical problem causing me to lose over two seconds a lap. I had to run wide and tangled with Danica [Patrick] causing me to do a quick pit stop. It was a shame we had to end like this, but overall we can take some positives with us from this race."

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived