litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Dyno Day At Monster Motorsport? Problem With Date!

Dr H

*****Proposed Date of 22nd May******

Just popped into Monster Motorsport in Loughborough to get some prices for servicing.

Asked about dyno runs and thought it might be good to organise one (or indeed resurrect the one that should have happened in October).

Normal price is £50 + vat for a run but they will offer the following discounts:

5-10 = £45

10 - 15 = £40

16 - 20 = £35

21+ = £30

Each 'run' is actually three runs on the dyno and a proper print out of power and torque.

To help get 'confirmed' numbers they can put a 'pay deposit' section on their site which will allow them to gauge the genuine interest rather than getting lots of verbal confirmations that actually turn into only 1 or 2 cars turning up.

Could be a good laugh and a chance to get together now those GJOBs amongst us have prized the cars out of winter storage - I count myself as a leading member of this faction :D

So who's interested?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the max bhp they can take? <willy waving here....>

Our Dynos rated at 2400bhp - so should just about be enough :D

Normally 3-5 runs or until car makes maximum power. Have a look at the dyno page on our website for lots of videos of dyno days and runs to get an idea

www.monstermotorsport.com

cheers

Neil

Monster Motorsport.com

Well I think you've just volunteered to organise it Leigh. I'm not sure i believe the figure i got last time so i'd probably have another run.

Suggest a date and start a ticker.....

1. Dr H

Me? Volunteer?......

OK - they said Saturday afternoons were best with them as they are open (working ) in the mornings. I'll contact them to see what dates they are free and pick one to go for.

Once I have that we'll start a ticker.

OK I've spoken to them and I'm proposing a date of the afternoon of Saturday 22nd May

We need to gauge interest before I get back to them with confirmation so here's the ticker....

I'd like to get back to them early next week if I can.

1. Dr H

There are other dates available. Any other weekend better for you? 15th May and first two Saturdays in June are available.

Can't do any of those, I'm afraid. Let's see how it pans out as planned. We can always do another one later in the year.

1) Dr H

2) Martin R

3) Chris H - if it can be the first saturday in June (5th)

4) Chris H's Dad - if it can be the first saturday in June (5th) - 500bhp jag XKR (he does have a lotus but wants to put his xkr on a dyno - if thats ok with everyone)

Archived