litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

De-Cat advice...

MattyB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After refitting my Cat for my MoT, I dont think I'm going to bother refitting my De-Cat.

After all the insurance nightmares etc, I think its going to stay off!

Plus with my Eliseparts exhaust it was almost embarrasingly loud, so much that I darent put my foot down to much in any built up areas!

if you have the Normal Cat on then you will pass your MOT...but when you take the cat off, then the car ,if subject to another test, would fail and therefore be unroadworthy, the only way you could get away with it is if you did crash, get to the car before the insurance assesor and replace the proper cat.

If the insurance company ever realised that you had declared a Cat-Bypass pipe that would fail your MOT then they wouldn't pay out one little bit.

I'm not so sure, I've heard of cars passing the MOT with no cat fitted! :(

So either the garage didnt test the car or it has a weird mapping that means the engine is running very well.

Or it was Friday and the crafty tenner handed over with the keys did the trick! Without the CAT it shouldn't be possible to pass in light of recent emissions legislation I don't think.

Archived