litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

How To Report Spam Postings?

We have recently had a lot of spam postings, as it may not be too obvious how you report these here is a guide:

At the bottom left of the post will be a button that looks like this:

report.png

Click the button and fill out a quick detail on the form (if you want to) and click "Submit Report".

By using this reporting method ALL of the moderators/admin will get notified and the spam message can be deleted quickly and the member banned.

As the moderators cant all be on-line all of the time this will maximise the chance that the spam message will be deleted as quickly as possible.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about an even quicker way - by anyone clicking the button, the new post is locked and the user (temporarily) banned until a moderator has had a chance to review it (and un-block if appropriate) ?

If necessary, the button could also set an auto-message to be added to the post describing what's happened.

Too open to abuse...

Yes, I did think about that, but thought it was worth the suggestion. On the whole, we're a pretty easy going and tolerant lot here and I can't see anyone being a serial reporter. If anyone did, (s)he could always receive a ban / suspension of his/her own.

If the next version of the forum will reduce it anyway, hopefully nothing more will be needed.

As Mark says, all the mods get the reporting notifications so it's almost like a fastest finger first as to who can get online and ban them first! :)

This time it was me! ;)

Archived