litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Is 'for Girls'

MattyB

Women look cooler in an elise much in the same way that they look cooler when driving something like an Evo.

Or maybe thats just me wishing I had a wife that gives a sh1t about what she drives

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4% of Elises purchased by women buyers

49% of MGFs

Government statistics, not mine. Doesn;t take acount of fleet sales etc, but I don;t think you need to be brain of Britain to see which one the ladies prefer....

And Don't Believe Everything You Read In The Papers

PS - think about the skirt issue if you want to know why, It's the reason most girls I've taken for a ride in the car say they wouldn't have one.

There's a knack to it. Can't drive it with much other than trainers. however, so you look a bit of a fool at the petrol station in your gladrags.

Apart from the heavyness of the steering wheel at very low speeds I find it really easy to drive.

I agree with Fiona.

As another lady driver I love my Ellie and don't find it hard to drive, though boy racers don't seem to be impressed when they realise the car's being driven by a lady, and one who's not going to see 25 again!

That said, you do need to put aside more girlie issues of being elegant when getting in and out, especially in crowded car parks when it seems everybody stops to see you try not to make an absolute twit of yourself!

Kath

Its getting out thats the problem. I seem to have started making noises like I need the toilet VERY badly when I'm getting out..

'ooh.....aaahhh...oh jesus.....aaaah....YES'

must be getting old

When I was a student in London I walked past a crowd around HROwen. Not being that bothered about rushing home to watch Supermarket Sweep I thought I'd see what was so special (it being a Ferrari dealership). Anyway, I wrestled my way to the front just in time to be confronted with a very nice looking Chinese lady getting out of the latest just-delivered Ferrari. Obviously not being used to relatively low cars she did an excellent job of showing everyone her knickers.

It was imprinted on the back of my eyelids for a LONG time after (particularly as for some reason I suffered a bout of temporary blindness shortly after.......)

Every sportscar is made for women (IMO) :)

So how did this hack work out the Elise was made for women?

No power steering

No vanity mirrors

Nowhere to put the handbag

Difficult to get in/out of

Doesn't have a BMW badge

Requires some knowledge of mechanics to fix from time to time

It's got an obvious petrol cap, so no excuse for not knowing where it is

No parcel shelf for soft toys

No where for thousands of CDs

Doesn't look like a 206cc

In fact I think it was made primarily for guys. Also enjoyed by those women who aren't into fluffyness, but like it rough, ready and are just a bit dirty :)

So how did this hack work out the Elise was made for women?

No power steering

No vanity mirrors

Nowhere to put the handbag

Difficult to get in/out of

Doesn't have a BMW badge

Requires some knowledge of mechanics to fix from time to time

It's got an obvious petrol cap, so no excuse for not knowing where it is

No parcel shelf for soft toys

No where for thousands of CDs

Doesn't look like a 206cc

In fact I think it was made primarily for guys.  Also enjoyed by those women who aren't into fluffyness, but like it rough, ready and are just a bit dirty  :)

..............hang on a minute...

You wouldn't believe how big a clincher cup holders is in a womans purchase.

Honestly it might handle like a pig but you can put your can of coke on the dash.

Very funny are women. A completely different species :drive:

A good one mind in some ways - just not buying cars :wacko:

Yeah, what complete nonsense!

apart from Fiona and Emma, how many girls do you know who like to drive cars where you can loose the back end so easily and is basically a race car with a boot put in as an after thought!

Archived