litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Is 'for Girls'

MattyB

so say The Times:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/printFriend...1383720,00.html

"But why, for instance, is the Ford Ka the girliest car in the country (69 per cent of purchasers are female), but models directed specifically at them, such as the Lotus Elise or the Ford Focus Elle, leave them cold?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant think thats right. I hardly ever see a woman driver

All the women who have been in my car hate the bloody thing

Whys it so low ?

Whys its so hard to get in to/out of?

Whys it so loud?

Whys it so noisy?

Whys it so bumpy

...don't put the hood down

:drive:

more like blokes putting in thier wives name so they can sell it as '1 careful lady owner' after tracking it everyother weekend for the past five years ! :clap:

Why's it so low ?

Why's its so hard to get in to/out of?

Why's it so loud?

Why's it so noisy?

Why's it so bumpy?.. That was a badger I think.....Scott :(

Why's it broken down?........Thrashing it again Scott? ;)

Why's it on that lo-loader? :clap:

Why's it at Horizon again? :drive:

That'll be Scott's Elise then :D

its as much a girls car, as a mans, hey its an equal opportunity world!

However, the statement 'aimed at girls' is ballacks, as Malbon said, most girls hate the things once you coax them into the passenger seat and refuse to drive even if they are on the insurance!

Although in my wifes defence she did say thats a nice colour when I arrived home for the first time!...... second comments, I dont like the gold wheels....

Can I stand up for girls here? :)

Most cars are marketed to women these days. Personally, I find it a bit sad, but obviously women have a huge say in what car is purchased be it for them or their partners. I hope I'm not like that - Steve can buy what he wants (Steve, if you read this, get an Exige if you want, but we'll be chucked out the house for not paying the mortgage) - life's too short.

At work on Wednesday a woman was moaning that men don't hold doors open for her anymore (maybe because she's a hound ;) ). In the same breath she was moaning about equal opportunities. You can't have both, love.

I know few women who have or drive an Elise, however, Steve would be happy if I stopped hogging the driver's seat.

I agree - women do have a huge bearing on a car purchase. Its all well and good to buy a nice car but if your missus flat refuses to get in it then it can make things a little awkward.

That said (and sticking to the topic) I would say that the elise is not aimed at women and certainly not designed with them in mind (in general)

Generally speaking women like the looks of the car but the lack of comfort and hassle factor put them off. I realise not all women are like that but we are generalising here.

I also don't think its marketed for them. The first thing my wife said on reading the brochure is 'Who's this Kevin Chapman bloke' - she just doesn't understand (and doesn't care).

disclaimer.....not all women.....etc etc.....equality etc etc

Anyone seen the car that Volvo have just launched, designed for and built by women... the list of things it had did nothing to help to the image of a woman driver!!

Holes in the headrest for pony tails

Ability to see all four windows

Camera for parking

Large rear window to aid parking

And a host of other amusing additons :)

Indeed, indeed, and I almost mentioned Fiona in my post, however we are generalising as you say, and we all admit Women are better than men anyway....

Lets face it, anything for an easy life........

Now if all our wives, SO's and SWMBO's were like Fiona, this topic would be running quite differently! Fiona, how big an emotional embrace can you manage?

Also we would all want our cars back! :)

ARGH! Scott pipped in first, so I am DEFINATELY NOT saying indeed indeed to Scott!!!

My wife would rip me to pieces! (Short, School teaching Taurus!)

Archived