litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clio 182 Quicker Than 111s...

MattyB

..round the Top Gear test track?

Was watching an old episode where TG tested the 182 and put it on track. Time was about a second quicker than the Elise.

Anyone remember the Elise test? I find it hard to believe a 180bhp 1100kilo front driver it quicker than a 160bhp 800kilo Elise round a track. Maybe Malbon could comment on this? :blush:

I mean, the 172 that was *right* up my arse today couldn't keep up :( and I'm sure that 10bhp wont make that much difference...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does the 160 bhp come from Matt ?

I don't doubt it though. My 172 Cup was probably 'as fast' as my 111s but you had to be very committed to get the most out of it and i wouldn't say understeer is much fun at all but works well when driven properly.

Excellent in a straightline and competent in corners but powers throught the front wheels is no fun IMHO

B*llocks is it!

5.2 compared to 7 secs or whatever - don't think so!

Plus your trying to tell me a car with Mcphersion struts etc is going to go round corners better that a car with multilink wishbone susp set-up!

You might be surprised Ladders.

The cup 0-60 is is like 6.5 and to 100 is under 17 which in real life when side by side with the liz – there no more than a nats b*llock in it.

Like I said the elise corners far far better but you can really push the clio around corners. Im not sticking up for the thing cos I didn’t like it at all but there is no doubting its very close speedwise to the Liz.

No comparison in terms of driver satisfaction – 20 of you wouldn’t go for a run to Lincs for example

S2 111S is about 160bhp as proven by Dave at the RR session, and he bottled it before letting them take it right to the redline so it might have been a few more :cheers:

120bhp in 800Kg vs 180bhp in 1100Kg... do the maths

I reckon it'd be pretty close to a standard 120 Elise, but not to a 111S!

And 0-100 in 17 is about what the standard Elise does - 111S should do it in about 14 seconds - and I reckon it could shift through the gears quicker too. Then you've got the inherant avantages of RWD.

Standard Elise vs 172/182 I'd reckon could be close - 111S should have a good lead.

Archived