litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Top Gear

graeme_laslett

Hmm, I found it a rather dull episode. It has become rather contrived and the stunts are becoming more Jackass than anything else. Although the Aston feature was rather too long, it was suitably dramatic and I think 'said' what it needed to about the Vantage. A suitable real world antidote to power slides.

I think the show will be back, but I think it needs a bit of a refresh and less focus on the unattainable super cars.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The VW ad was crap - I think even the professional ad men were bored at the end. I found the Aston review unusual in that you didn't have to listen to Clarkson blathering on, but if I ever own an Aston, that's just what I'd like to do with it - or my Elise for that matter. Where was that road ? It made the Peak District look like the M25.

It does become very predictable, acted and more importantly boring alot of the time now, however some of the features of it are still pretty funny and informative tbh. They just need to get out of the whole, buy a car and race each other routine. They need fresh ideas.

I thought the last episodes ending was brilliant myself. Whats the point in reviewing it, you all know exactly what he would say. We may aswell just watch it running through the hills. Taking this and the editing into account, it provided one of the best endings ever for me.

Matt :clap:

Archived