28th - 30th June 2024

Top Gear

graeme_laslett

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the Aston feature was absolute crap :angry:

Can't help but get the feeling they are struggling for ideas :D

That Aston feature was wierd, almost felt like it was after the programme had finished.

If this is the end it might be no bad thing.

Seems to have run its course to me - I must be getting old but watching them oversteer round the track does nothing for me.

I read the Aston thing slightly differently.

To me, they were saying that the Aston was totally brilliant... a beautiful, fast, supercar.

What i think they may have been hinting at is that the future of all such cars in the uk is over.

They were driving a proper drivers road road for that article. Letting the car stretch its legs a bit, the way we all love to do. But lets be honest here, so many NSL roads are now being knocked down to 50 and 40mph, have these cars got a future. Why would the likes of Aston and Ferrari continue to develop supercars for the uk market when it is becoming increasingly seen as being irresponsible to drive a car at 60mph on an open country road.

I know that these cars are sold to a global market, but it does seem that the uk and parts of europe take a very dim view of speed.

As for a new series, i hope they do continue to produce top gear. It may not be a true petrol heads program, but its still the best we have to offer in the uk.

To me, they were saying that the Aston was totally brilliant... a beautiful, fast, supercar.

What i think they may have been hinting at is that the future of all such cars in the uk is over.

They were driving a proper drivers road road for that article. Letting the car stretch its legs a bit, the way we all love to do. But lets be honest here, so many NSL roads are now being knocked down to 50 and 40mph, have these cars got a future. Why would the likes of Aston and Ferrari continue to develop supercars for the uk market when it is becoming increasingly seen as being irresponsible to drive a car at 60mph on an open country road.

I know that these cars are sold to a global market, but it does seem that the uk and parts of europe take a very dim view of speed.

As for a new series, i hope they do continue to produce top gear. It may not be a true petrol heads program, but its still the best we have to offer in the uk.

Completely agree on all parts Greg. ;)

The Aston spoke for itself, georgeous looks, all round performance, style, comfort and what a sound the engine makes...... ;)

As for the series........ Of course it will be back.......... :clap::clap:

For me the challenges have become crap. The one with 'historic' cars was a waste of time. Do the same thing in say an Elise/TVR/Hot hatch it probably would have been a good watch.

The programme is more about 3 men d*cking about these days which is sometimes funny, but other times really boring. The VW advert thing was 10 minutes too long for me

Wasn't Clarkson's opening line something like: "last programme of the series until October" (or some date around then)...? So I think it will be back.

I too think it's become stuck in the rut of predictable gags, stunts, and crashing into each others cars. Time for a refresh I think. They need to get back to testing cars on the road more (they can still be the high-powered derivitives) but I'm getting bored of them drifting super-cars round the track (did I really just type that!).

Archived