litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Wont Keep Me Logged In?

For some reason, despite clicking "remember me!" it wont keep me logged in, so every time I return I have to re-log in again....Does it to me at work as well?

Really cuts into my posting time :angry:

Anyone else? Is it something to do with the old and new site cookies?

Ta!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will investigate, found it happens sometimes to me as well but not really slowed me down as I use roboform to fill out the username/password anyway.

Most likely to be the cookie settings are wrong on the forum although they havnt changed.

I find that if you just click on Forums it will recognise you, unless I've cleared out the cookies. However if I log on using my work laptop and clear all new posts, then log on with the home PC, the new posts reappear. Weird.

Same with me. I'm never kept logged in once I've shut my browser down and reopened. This happened to me on the old site, too.

Don't have any "strange" browser settings.

Fiona

• 2 weeks later...

No way to do this other than to make the cookie against one domain at a time, the easiest work around for this is to use the midlandslotus.co.uk domain (that is what the cookie is set against by default) and it will keep you logged in at all times.

The problem ooccurs because you can not share that cookie over more than one domain, it doesnt allow that because it would be a security risk for any other domain being able to read the cookie file.

Archived