litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Pressures

graeme_laslett

Hi All,

Booked a track day at Elvington (tomorrow) a while back and the Elise suspension sprang a leak last week. It is having a suspension refresh as we speak, but it is unlikely to be ready for tomorrow.

So, instead of not going to Elvington, I am going to risk taking the Mini and have a leisurely drive round in that. Although I am not going to go flat out in the Mini, does any one have any suggestions for tyre pressures on a "normal" road car whilst on a track day. Leave them as normal, or under / over inflat them a little?

Really don't want to rip a tyre off a rim on the car I use as a daily drive.

Thanks

G

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tip I got from one of the Sprint guys was to mark chalk lines on the sidewalls, that way you can see how much you are rolling on to the sidewalls and increase the pressure as required.

Not sure if that helps,

Gary

As a guide run them lower than what is recommended for normal driving. Personally I would drop them by 4psi all round and carry on because different weight cars with different driving wheels with different tyre compounds with blah blah blah. You will spend the whole session measuring and adjusting pressures if you get to involved with it. Just take it out and abuse it, erm drive it. :drive:

Archived