litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mot Failed !

graeme_laslett

For the first time in 4 years, reliable lotti has failed her MOT.

One of the Koni dampers has finally given up the ghost - not bad considering she is ten this year.

So time for suspension replacement and Nitrons are out of my price bracket!!. I was going to go for the Bilstein's, but the man doing the work has convinced me to go for the Gaz, mainly because he has Gaz in stock and they are cheaper. Bilstein's are one a couple of week lead time

Does any one run Gaz on here? Has anyone experiance of both Bilstein and Gaz?

TIA

G

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the first time in 4 years, reliable lotti has failed her MOT.

One of the Koni dampers has finally given up the ghost - not bad considering she is ten this year.

So time for suspension replacement and Nitrons are out of my price bracket!!. I was going to go for the Bilstein's, but the man doing the work has convinced me to go for the Gaz, mainly because he has Gaz in stock and they are cheaper. Bilstein's are one a couple of week lead time

Does any one run Gaz on here? Has anyone experiance of both Bilstein and Gaz?

TIA

G

Hi Graeme,

No experience with Gaz's but I replaced my billie's like for like last year as one of the shocks was split. If I had more time I probably would have thought about the Gaz's. I've read some good things about them since.

I know Dunc switched from Billies to GAZ and was very impressed with them.

As I only do a few track days a year I can't justify the additional cost, also have to factor in a new Geo on top of the slightly higher purchase costs for me, so I am also replacing the Bilstein dampers like for like on my S2.

As you will be needing a new Geo what ever option you choose, then that is not really a factor, so it is def an option you should do more research in to.

Gary

Might be worth considering the Protechs, they are adjustable for pretty much the same cost. I'm sure Glen will be along in a minute to comment (he fitted his recently)

:)

Guest Glen

Yep, height adjustable spring platforms and and single adjustment for both bound/rebound for just over £500 (inc VAT and delivery) with your choice of spring rates.

I don't doubt the billies are good, but after talking to a few people before I decided which shocks to go for, the consensus was that they are too soft for on track.

I'm sure the gaz golds are OK too, but after a few passenger laps in an Elise fitted with Protechs my mind was made up.

They're good on the road, and after taking my car on track with them I'm very impressed.

Archived