litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Meet Attendance List

Laura

Wot a great day :drive: the wether all but held off and even had the roof off for the afternoon :)

Well done to ALL the organisers, it was a very well planed day.

Can't wait till the next one :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you all had a great time :drive: With the elise away at the moment I was a bit stuck for getting their, and it didn't feel right turning up in the daily driver!

Hope to catch up with you all soon :)

Well done to ALL the organisers, it was a very well planned day. :)

Fantastic day - started off a bit hairy! but when the clouds started to clear so did the Elise roofs - shame I had a hard top!

lOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE - good to see you Dale

Darren

That was good fun, I know I wasn't going to take part but couldn't resist in the end. Had to leave after the mid point as we had to do mundane things like buy some food...

Had a great drive home, felt happier with the car in the dry.

Well, what a day!

It was horrendous this morning on the way over to Hinckley, aquaplaning, not seeing a thing through the rain and spray, and yet I was really pleased with the turn out despite the conditions. 25 cars I think, so not bad! I completely understand those who didn't want to risk it, it was really not nice driving over.

The rain cleared up about half way in to the morning run and the temperature soon picked up. Thankfully lunch was dry (no soggy sarnies!) and the sun poked through convincing a few to make the first de-roofing move, and the rest of us followed suit.

Neil - Thanks for a brilliant route, there are some great roads in that area and it was quite refreshing to drive somewhere new.

Laura - Thanks for sorting out the numbers and contacts. Teamwork has made it very easy to organise :)

Also, on behalf of Laura & Neil, thank you to those who were unable to attend, but have donated via the website. It is very much appreciated, and is very considerate of you. Thank you.

Also - who else got air over the hump bridges?? I changed down to 3rd and went for the second and landed with quite a bump! Great stuff!! :rolleyes:

Almost like the old Midlands runs. All those in the pottle group who caught me and Bill in the wrong gear at one stage should be ashamed :) It was the last thing i expected. A big thanks to all that took the time and effort to arrange it :rolleyes: The runs are what made MLOC the entity it is in the early days. IMO that has continued and made it such a good club.

That was a whole lot better than we expected.

The journey there on the M6 and M69 was one Barnes Wallace would have been proud of :) Standing water everywhere!

Still, by the time we got to the meeting point, it was easing off.

Plenty of mini ponds to dodge on the morning stretch, but it was drying out.

Lunch stop ... hoods off :)

Afternoon route was great :D

A BIG thanks to all the organisers for their hard work :rolleyes:

Greg & Ali

Almost like the old Midlands runs. All those in the pottle group who caught me and Bill in the wrong gear at one stage should be ashamed :) It was the last thing i expected. A big thanks to all that took the time and effort to arrange it :rolleyes: The runs are what made MLOC the entity it is in the early days. IMO that has continued and made it such a good club.

Took a leaf out of Greg & Ali's book of directions Martin!

It was nice to overtake you and you luurvley new motor :D

I could hear you two cars back sat idling at the odd junction. Sounded (and looked) absolutely magnificent! :)

Just to reiterate, yes, I OVERTOOK Martin in his new 196bhp mean machine with my standard 120bhp Bug! B)

Took a leaf out of Greg & Ali's book of directions Martin!

It was nice to overtake you and you luurvley new motor :)

I could hear you two cars back sat idling at the odd junction. Sounded (and looked) absolutely magnificent! :rolleyes:

Just to reiterate, yes, I OVERTOOK Martin in his new 196bhp mean machine with my standard 120bhp Bug! :D

Here was me thinking the left indicator and a waved arm was enough of a clue :) Thanks again Jon. Top Job.

Here was me thinking the left indicator and a waved arm was enough of a clue :rolleyes: Thanks again Jon. Top Job.

It was still an overtake :)

I'll take all the moves I can get! lol

Well done to ALL the organisers, it was a very well planned day. :rolleyes:

Fantastic day - started off a bit hairy! but when the clouds started to clear so did the Elise roofs - shame I had a hard top!

lOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE - good to see you Dale

Darren

Good to see you also Darren, your Exige really is the nuts, and you have done a cracking job on those stripes, and the exhaust doesnt sound to OTT to me.

Anyone heard from Monkai, as he had that little coolant issue to deal with on his trip home, great to meet you also Monkai..

Archived