litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Meet Attendance List

Laura

I think I've figured out my plans - I'm going bring Keira along to look at the cars and say hello to everyone at the start point, but I'm going to give at least the morning part of the run a miss. If things go well I might meet up with everyone at lunch an join in on the second half of the run, failing that I'll catch up with you all at the end for a pint.

Still got my fingers crossed for the weather for you guys!

Ok Neil, be good to see you and the little one :wacko:

Pex - See you there - PM coming your way shortly :(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Andrew. See you in the morning.

On a brighter note, the forecast is getting better, now only 99% cloud cover for the afternoon :bye:

See you all bright (!) and early :D

Apologies to the organisers, but I'm afraid I will not be there. The weather has just got the better of me and I just won't enjoy driving in this relentless rain.

Well done to the organisers for doing such a good job - sorry to let you down.

Lashing it down here too, even Thundering :) . SO I'm afraid I am going to bow out too.

Hope you all have a great day, I will look forward to seeing the photos later.

I did wonder about meeting you all at lunch time, if the weather picked up, but even if it stops now, there's going to be some big old lakes to wade through for sometime yet.

Take care out there... :drive:

edited to say I've made a contribution to MLOC and it's still chucking it down :(

I know I wasn't going anyway, but I feel really sorry for you guy's.

There's been a lot of hard work put into this, and now the weather has put a bit of a 'dampener' on it!

To those who do still go - have a great time & be careful!

Lummo

Apologies to all those who put the effort into organising, but there's just too much water around for my liking, so I'm going to drop out. A048s in this weather are a liability and the whole point of it is to enjoy the drive!

I'll make a contribution to MLOC funds towards the MSA licence.

Try and have a good day!!

As much as I don't want to post this, like the others I'm going to drop out. Apologies to Jon, Laura etc who have put so much effort into the planning.

300 hp, A048s and rock hard suspension and low ride hide mean the car is awesome in the dry but ........ not much fun in the wet.

We've had vertical rain and thunder so far this morning and with the weather forecast as it is, and knowing how some of the roads around here hold standing water I'm going to stay put.

Like Jez, and I would recommend that anyone who drops out follows suit, I've just made a donation to club funds to cover the cost of licence.

For those of you still going - enjoy yourself and take it easy.

This is pretty depressing. I have been looking forward to this meet for such a long time and now that the car is finished, I was hoping to get a good run out.

Unfortunately, I am yet to receive my roof from Lotus (being re-furbed) and with rain predicted for most of the day, it rules me out.

Pure love to all those who took the time and energy to organise this event. It is hugely appreciated, which makes it even more difficult not to be there. For those who are going, have a fantastic time and hope to see lots of piccies.

Enjoy.

I'm with Con (not literally!) I'm afraid. The choice between a 300hp car on 888s with race suspension or a 340R with no roof is a difficult one in this weather :)

Take it easy out there and thanks to the efforts of the organisers.

I'll definitely be donating a little something.

What a great day.......... No :drive:

A bit of :) first thing didn't dampen our spirits.

A few cyclists mad it slow progress in the morning.

Lunchtime it was :D 's all round as the sun came out.

Afternoon drive was a blast and everyone seemed to enjoy it thoroughly.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE ORGANISERS. :(

Whens the next one.

Dave & Helen

Archived