litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Best Gear Stick Knob

Jo23

I need to replace my gear stick knob asap and was just wondering if anyone knows of any really nice/cool ones anywhere on the net? Mine is the standard black round one at the moment, but is tatty and the Lotus badge has just come off, wanted a new one for a while now anyway.

Has anyone got any pics of replaced ones on an Elise?

Cheers,

Jo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly, (!) I don't have a photo of mine complete. I took a load of photos when I installed my short shift gear lever. I dont have a photo with the Lotus sticker on, but I bought this one:

http://www.eliseparts.com/products.php?product=584

I used superglue to stick the Lotus badge on so it wouldn't come off.

Also, you'll need a mole wrench and duck tape to get the old one off! (Also you may as well do the short shift as well, it really makes a difference with reach for gears)

I've got a Lotus Sport one on mine and think it looks great. I bought it from Bell and Colville's website a few years ago, but i'm not sure if they still do it. Its polished alloy with the Lotus Sport logo engraved into the top.

Jo I got mine off with a boa grip I am only round the corner you can borrow it if you want. It's a rubber strap so you do not have to use tape

Yes, sorry, boa grip, that's what I used, and is pictured above. The rubber strap started to slide around the gear knob as it was on really tightly so i just added the tape for more grip and it worked much better.

:)

Haha, thanks for all the info guys, will buy one at the weekend from the net, not 100% sure which one yet. If i need help getting it off i'll pm you stockhome.

;)

lol, i didnt need a pair of rubber gloves to get mine off either, it came off in my hands ;)

if you want a picture of my knob let me know. I've had plenty of positive feedback, it's simiar to G's........ but we haven't compared :)

Archived