litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stolen Keys + Fob

graeme_laslett

Hi all,

House got burgled yesterday and they took both sets of keys, both remote fobs for the alarm and the torpedo thingy..... The car was left as it was locked in the garage.

But what do I do now? I have a car that I can not move, can't set in to and even if I could get in to it I can't drive it.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

G

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to say this but there is a very strong chance they are going to come back for the car.

Is your garage alarmed ?? If not i'd fit one today and then i'd get the alarm and locks changed on your car (won't be cheap but Insurence will cover it as they would rather pay for locks that a complete car !)

You need to do this today as they will be coming back asap.

Sorry to hear this but I agree with Chris, think this happens a lot and they may be planning to come back for the car :) Think if its stolen with the keys also your insurance might not cover you so best to take action as soon as you can. Good luck with it.

Sorry to hear that, you definitely need to change all the locks and alarm.

Do you have a wheel clamp for the car? If not maybe you should get one, it should help stop them taking it if they do come back, or maybe you could jack it up and put it on axle stands and take the wheels off (unless the wheel locking nut is locked in the car)?

Phil

Didn't this happen last year to another member??

Sod the car - makes sure you and your family are safe just incase the intruders come back.

House alarm on, get one of those plug in the wall things that switch on table lamps at random through-out the night. I have a spare IP security camera you are more than welcome to have for a few days/weeks.

Really sorry you have to go through all this hassle due to the low life scum we live amongst these days

Thanks All,

The car and I are both up in Yorkshire at the moment (North of Leeds). Does any one have any experiance of Pure Lotus near Tadcaster? They seem to be the closest people to where I am

G

hi graham

sorry to here about the trouble, but as scott says if you and family are safe and ok, then thats the important thing.

pure lotus are an idependent sales outfit, i got my car from them and found them helpful and friendly, but others have other experience

i think jct600 in leeds have the lotus franchise up that way, or did, so they might be best route, i'd consider calling lotus direct though, and see if they can help

good luck

richbk

House got burgled yesterday and they took both sets of keys, both remote fobs for the alarm and the torpedo thingy..... The car was left as it was locked in the garage.

Sorry to hear about this, I was burgled when a student and insurance covered what little I had taken, but the psychological issues were the problem, difficulty sleeping, not wanting to leave the house just in case, looking out the window all the time... Like said previously, once you've been burgled, the probability of them returning is high (usually after you've got new stuff from insurance in fact)...

I've always been overly paranoid and hide my keys, wallet and anything valuable around the house. It's sad that you have to do these things, but these days you have little option...

As stated, get alarms and security stuff installed, and hide anything valuable.

i think jct600 in leeds have the lotus franchise up that way, or did, so they might be best route, i'd consider calling lotus direct though, and see if they can help

JCT are still the Lotus dealer in the Leeds area.

Sorry to hear this :drive:

You could consider getting a garage door defender....

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatal...e_Defender.html

You could fit one of these in a couple of hours and it is a visible and physical deterrent should they come back. If its an up and over garage door another trick is to brace the door from the inside with a couple of 5ft planks of wood. It makes it very difficult to force open from the outside. Another trick is to drill a hole into the brickwork inside your garage beside the door and insert a piece of iron bar that extends over the edge of the door. Once again this prevents the door being opened. Or drill a hole in the edge of the door and one in the frame of the door near the base and fit a long shackle padlock.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Sorry to hear this :drive:

You could consider getting a garage door defender....

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatal...e_Defender.html

You could fit one of these in a couple of hours and it is a visible and physical deterrent should they come back. If its an up and over garage door another trick is to brace the door from the inside with a couple of 5ft planks of wood. It makes it very difficult to force open from the outside. Another trick is to drill a hole into the brickwork inside your garage beside the door and insert a piece of iron bar that extends over the edge of the door. Once again this prevents the door being opened. Or drill a hole in the edge of the door and one in the frame of the door near the base and fit a long shackle padlock.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks all

Currently in a rented house at the moment so no chance of blocking or bracing the door (other than with the Ford CMax Rental thingy that I currently have)

Found one set of keys that they dropped outside so I can at least get in the car and move it if needed. Ordered a lock set from Elise Parts so will fit that when that arrives... Currently spending a lot of time in the garage with a baseball bat

G

Some body might have said this but in your service manual there is a four digit code for the alarm which you can reset the code to take a new set of keys which should make the set they took useless.

Good news that you are all ok.

Eddie,

If you can move the car, can you leave it somewhere else?

May somebody can provide a temporary home to the car until everything settles down

Archived