litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'tis The Silly Season - Pissed Up Tossers About!

dss123

:):unsure::(

Left for work this morning, noticed some miserable scrote has pinched the badge of my front clam!

What is the matter with these to55ers?

Still, least I can replace it with the black one I've always wanted!

:)

Tuck your cars up in a garage if you can!

Dunc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch ! Had mine vandalised whilst on holiday just one week after fitting my black one. To be honest, I can't be bothered to replace it, though, as it's rumoured to be a clam off job.

If you're lucky, there might be a hole with a grommet behind the front grille in the top part of the crash structure. You should be able to get to the nuts for the new badge through here but you'll be working blind and need a flexible socket set. If not, you VERY unlikely to be able to reach through a wheelarch.

The alternative is to grind the studs off the new badge and stick it to the clam with some Sikaflex or the like.

How did they get it off without damaging the clam?

I had to replace mine - £80+ from Lotus! Decided against it and replaced it with a plastic one for about a tenner...they fade though.

Black ones are £45 - £50. Not surprised you decided against it, unless that was fitted (ie they knew you had the sneaky hole).

Thanks guys,

Twat seems to have got it off without dammage to the clam (armoufend may have helped there).

Looks like the studs have snapped off because they still seem to be embedded in the clam.

Was thinking of grinding them flat and getting a cheap stick-on badge, on the assumption it'll just get nicked again and I'd rather it popped off without too much effort / risk of clam damamge.

Dunc.

Archived