litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Yet Another Fooking Accident Update

Foley

Following on from Ladders and Graemes unfortunate accdents some dumb fooker has smashed into the side of my Elise this morning.

Pulled out of a side road to join a queue waiting at the traffic lights and the last member of the queue decided to reverse back down the road and straight into me.

Hit me so hard I was pushed 6ft back down the road (and smacked my head on the roof bar :) ).

Obvious damage to the clam and sill. The wheel is a mile out of true too. Will wait to see what the repairers say re the unseen damage.

Anyone used www.helphire.co.uk before? Liv Victoria will only give me a courtesy car (Corsa) if I use their approved repair centre - Andrews in Redditch. They won't even contact a main dealer for me. Helphire are offering a like for like car whilst mine's being assessed and repaired (hopefully).

And I've got a fooking headache now ........... not happy!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky ! Still, at least it wasn't your fault.

4 years ago NU Direct allowed me to send it to Lotus dealer for repair even though they weren't on the approved repairers list. I just told them that the local Vauxhall dealer wouldn't attempt it themselves, they would just sent it to Lotus and then put their cut on top. That seemed to convince them to use a Lotus dealer for repairs.

If the claim is on the other party, you should be able to get like for like courtesy car from them (not on your insurance).

Terrible news Mike - welcome to an unfortunate club...

Hope you're OK. I banged my head too and although didn't black out or forget my name, in hindsight (the following week) I was clearly concussed. Get yourself checked out.

Next thing is BE PARANOID. Did the other guy admit liability? Do you have his insurance details? Were there any witnesses? It's pretty rare for someone to reverse into another car in a line of traffic and most of the time the claim gets made it's someone lying. Is there any scope for him to change his mind when he comes to report and say you drove into the back of him?

Sorry to worry and hopefully you've got this all covered. Did you take any photos? If not, can you get back to the scene before it's cleared up? Any tyre marks etc.

Good luck on getting back on the road

Graeme

Bad luck mike :)

ditto about where to get it repaired; give them sh!t until they give in. And also ditto the "be paranoid". My 'ding' is still in progress(happened in February) The other guy is being a total arse...

Unlucky mate. :) What the hell was this guy doing reversing anyway?

So we've had a couple of instances where people hit their heads on the rear bar. What can be done to make this less painfull? Harnesses, soft stuff stuck on, crash helmet ....?

Hope the claim and repair goes without a hitch, and shame about the Corsa.

:D

Sorry to hear this Mike

Getting sick of useless twats driving on the roads causing accidents now :)

It's amazing just how bad people are at driving, can't count how many examples of bad and dangerous driving I saw on the motorway last night. How the hell they pass their driving tests I don't know.

Make sure you get the car took somewhere reputable. Don't let them send it anywhere like the F*ckers at EGG did.

Sorry to hear about this, hope you feel better soon!

I would echo the views to get the car repaired where you want, I am on the same ind est as Nationwide crash repair centre and the mechanics use the private road loop on the estate as a racing circuit with peoples cars...... it means I would NEVER let them in my car. Nationwide are a large and respected company and cover repairs for loads of insurers, it is disgusting that they are so let down by their employees in this way.

Good luck

Thx for all the good wishes. No after effects from the bash on the head.

Got the car booked into Nick Whale for repair. Insurance co have been far from helpful, although the guy I spoke to today at Liv Vic was a vast improvement on the first bint I spoke to.

Just waiting to hear if the guy admits liability or not. Call me old fashioned, but I always like to think people are generally honest and decent (and I work in law enforcement!!!).

The guy said at the time that he reversed as he was too close to the car in front of him in the queue!!

At least I'm going to get a new clam and sill to replace the stone chipped mess that I currently have. Timing couldn't have been better in fact as I've recently decided to give my Elise a break from track days (she was starting to look a bit tatty from the track abuse!!). Instead I've bought a BMW to race with the SELOC guys next season :)

Archived