litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Today!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointing..

The que to get in was crazy. I understand the factory is difficult to get to on mass but surely something could have been done. 2.5hrs to do 3 miles is a joke.

The food arrangements were laughable

The factory/trim shop tour was good and so was the Evora story.

The MLOC stand really stood above all the rest ;)

The best part of the whole day was the convoy down ;)

Won't be going again, a 12 hour day for so little is not worth it

Glad to report I got home incident free this time. Passed Jon and his mini convoy on the way home (I think you realised it was me) then passed Martin and Liz a bit further up the road. I was wondering if I'd catch the convoy up on the way up there, but passed you all while you were waiting in the services :D

I think I agree with Scott - a good day out but I couldn't justify doing it again. Not enough there to warrant the 8 hours in the car and 65 litres of fuel! Plus, it took me about an hour to calm down after the traffic jam - it took me longer to do the last 3 miles than it did the previous 135! ;) The final straw was the massive ques for the food. ;)

The MLOC stand was great (good choice of photo's on display :D ) and the Evora development stuff was good. That car is growing on me. I wasn't too sure when I saw it at the motorshow but it definately looked better the second time, possibly because they had a few different colours on display. Give it a few years time to depreciate and I might even buy one.

Did any of you show your tickets to anyone? We didn't.

Nope didnt have to show them - did have them in my hand when I first arrived though and ran up to the woman when I was looking for a toilet, not sure if she was the person that was supposed to see the tickets or not.

Guest father4justice

Well I enjoyed the convoy (thanks Jon) but the 2 1/2 hour queue was past a joke. After being sat in the queue for over an hour with the fan running my fuel tank level went to refill. By the time I actually got there I was running on fumes - thanks Neil to assisting me to the nearest petrol station afterwards. :D

It's a shame really as it was much better organised last year - I suspect that was because only Lotuses were allowed on site which halved the queue. It was a good day spoilt by the lack of organisation - overall it wasn't worth it. Especially when nobody was checking tickets. Although I'm sure if I was supposed to be checking tickets I would have hidden somewhere as well. ;)

I was impressed with the MLOC tent - definately the best in my only slightly biased opinion. :D

I've just got two questions:

1: Scott - what did you say to the ar$e in the Honda Jazz who cut past everyone else in the queue and then tried to push in between you and Jon? ;) I suspect whatever you said wasn't strong enough.

2: In the marvelous MLOC tent there was a photo of my car from last years Hethel trip. Any chance of a copy please?

Great fun passing all the cars in the convoy after we left the last pick-up - the line of cars just kept on going! Unbelievable!

Glen - I think that was one of my bro's photos, I'll check and get back to you.

Totally knackered today - cant think straight, cant get rid of the head ache, arms hurt, legs hurt, and all I wanna do right now is go out in the car and drive! ;)

:D

Really glad I finally got round the design and development studios, and the Evora tour was good, very informative ofthe things they investigate, and comparing that to the boat industry where I work, it is very different, and yet the manufacture of the cars and our boats is somewhat identical. Very interesting to see this all, but I needed more time, rather than the few hours we had once we got in!

Thanks to all who joined the convoy, it would have been a convoy without you, it would just have been me driving across the country on my own lol!

Neil - I did see you on the way back, gave you a wave, but it was pitch black lol! I was following my dad, with Mish behind, my dad insisted on doing 49mph in a 70! I only had one headlight but gave up caring and soon left him as my passenger still had to drive back from my house to the centre of Brum lol. He soon got the point ;)

It is a great event, and the time and money it takes to put the factory on display like they do is fantastic, however they really have to sort the parking out - tickets in advance only would have given them a number to work to rather than people just turning up cause it was a nice day! And having paid for my tickets I was extremely annoyed that you could just walk right in. Sort it out Lotus, you have the means to do a Phenomenal event, but there are details that really lacked and let the whoel day down - as Scott said the convoy and the MLOC stand really saved the day for me.

And the arsey security guard who had a real go at me and Mish for driving round the bottom of the test track (not particularly fast nor dangerous) using foul language and took our number plates - driving head-on at us with full beam on leaning on his horn; threatening us with the police (despite being on a private road and having paid an entrance fee he wouldnt have a leg to stand on!) Not a nice way to end the day, but quite funny non the less!

Brown Trouser moment........

coming back from Hethel, roof off doing 100mph down the straight on the Shrewsbury by-pass (15 mile from home) the off side rear toe link let go, making the car snap side ways from one carrige way to another, got her straight (like a pro) and limped home.

boxers are in the wash :)

Glad you caught it Steve, that could of been nasty! :(

Quite ironic after we were talking about how amazingly reliable the car had been through stelvio and the whole of the road trip!

Well I enjoyed the convoy (thanks Jon) but the 2 1/2 hour queue was past a joke. After being sat in the queue for over an hour with the fan running my fuel tank level went to refill. By the time I actually got there I was running on fumes - thanks Neil to assisting me to the nearest petrol station afterwards. :blush:

It's a shame really as it was much better organised last year - I suspect that was because only Lotuses were allowed on site which halved the queue. It was a good day spoilt by the lack of organisation - overall it wasn't worth it. Especially when nobody was checking tickets. Although I'm sure if I was supposed to be checking tickets I would have hidden somewhere as well. :)

I was impressed with the MLOC tent - definately the best in my only slightly biased opinion. :tup:

I've just got two questions:

1: Scott - what did you say to the ar$e in the Honda Jazz who cut past everyone else in the queue and then tried to push in between you and Jon? :( I suspect whatever you said wasn't strong enough.

2: In the marvelous MLOC tent there was a photo of my car from last years Hethel trip. Any chance of a copy please?

I have the photo files that were printed out.

Let me know which car it was and I'll send you the image.

Put a couple of pics I managed to get whilst not taking a register lol!

Nice thumbs up from Kev in Pauls car :)

gallery_1516_142_22183.jpg

Part of the motley crew leaving Thrapston

gallery_1516_142_108930.jpg

Notice we'd parked in the caravan area! lol

gallery_1516_142_25246.jpg

Archived