litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fecking Weather

ferk

Ok after the deluge yesterday i wake up today and guess what ... another deluge i am so fed up not being able to drive my liz i am now actually thinking of getting something more practical.......... did i just say that :blink: gee i must have water on the brain going to have a lie down :angry:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst bit is when it's tipping it down, 7:00 am and your carrying big boxes, or heavy resources to the Elise. You manage to dump everything in the passenger seat, get into the car (already half soaked) and have to clear water off the windows and mirrors so you can see out.

You then start moving and the windows need clearing inside, so you put the fans on and then the whole screen steams up and you're driving without being able to see a thing! The windows clear and your already in traffic, you pull away and your screen gets covered with condensation from the radiator steam! :blink:

Your tired and bouncing around in a noisey, little, cold, car and you get to each island and some big ppl carrier/bus/lorry/or normal sized car pulls up on your right and you can't see whats coming around he island and get stuck (with a que forming behind you) untill you get a lucky gap in the traffic and you can see!

Rant over. :angry: I really do love my car.

It's my first week back at work, i'm not fully into the old swing of things. I've been cheating i'm afraid and have taken the mondeo a couple of days, sorry Liz, you just need your creature comforts at that time on a cold and wet morning.

We're still fighting over who takes the exige to work in the mornings :angry:

It sounds really bad, i do really love my car and use it every single day, Liam doesn't get a look in normally. But i'm not a fan of the cold or the rain and it has been so cold in the mornings ( my work friends tell me i need to put some meat on my bones and then i'd be alright :blink: ). I like the comfort of Liams car 1st thing and i don't need to worry about having an accident like i would in mine, i have very little confidence after my accident in the rain.

He always comes to swap the cars over once he is out and about or off to work. It's more my knowledge of the dangers of wet roads in the Elise that is the problem for me, not a good experience.

I might aswell leave the roof off mine, its like a pond in there now. :angry:

Yep same here - it rain on mine so hard yesterday the water was forced between the seal of the window and the roof - on my side! It has never leaked on my side! I opened the door (standing back to avoid the usual waterfall off the sill :blush:) to find my seat flooded and my side of carpet sodden through! Passenger side was bone dry!! :blink:

Fortunately I always carry a car towel in the boot! I wiped my seat down and am still trying to dry the carpet under my seat that cant be taken out without taking the seat out!

But.. I still love my Lotus :sleep: and all of its little 'features'

:D

Yep same here - it rain on mine so hard yesterday the water was forced between the seal of the window and the roof - on my side! It has never leaked on my side! I opened the door (standing back to avoid the usual waterfall off the sill :angry: ) to find my seat flooded and my side of carpet sodden through! Passenger side was bone dry!! :blink:

Fortunately I always carry a car towel in the boot! I wiped my seat down and am still trying to dry the carpet under my seat that cant be taken out without taking the seat out!

But.. I still love my Lotus :blush: and all of its little 'features'

:sleep:

Erm, I literally had a pond in mine earlier....Long story but got caught in a flood near Croft, waded through it and then had a waterfall as water poured in.......Kept going as was half way through and well, wish I had taken a photo. But the water was deeper than the ali cross brace that the front of the seat bolts into.....

Sorry Sonya, will give it a clean but now smells like a pond.

Oh and to cap off a great day, Croft was flooded and the Trackday cancelled. So 300 miles a hotel and a bath in the car....Grrrr.......

ps I'm calm now!

I had a concrete base for a garage laid on Thursday and it's done nothing but piss it down since. The top layer just isn't going off. In fact it's been that wet the surface has started to lift in places :blink: just what I need!

Im going to put my hard top on soon..about a month earlier than expected. I hate the british weather!

My cars been leaking even with the rain cover on...

Mattturbo - It does a better job than the soft top in keeping the rain out, plus its a bit warmer in there, and a bit quiter.

:blink:

Oh and to cap off a great day, Croft was flooded and the Trackday cancelled. So 300 miles a hotel and a bath in the car....Grrrr.......

Nightmare mate! Are they reimbursing you for the trackday?

Slight thread drift (apologies :blink: ), have you done croft before? Looking at booking it for the 8th October, and with a possible 4 hour drive to get their, I want to make sure it'll be worth it!

was it raining the day the concrete was poured?

havent they put a plastic sheet over the top??

the rain will be washing out all the fines??

I had a concrete base for a garage laid on Thursday and it's done nothing but piss it down since. The top layer just isn't going off. In fact it's been that wet the surface has started to lift in places :blink: just what I need!

Im now loosing the will to live :wacko: The back lawn is flooded. Ive got soaked today emptying water out of the fishpond twice. It stopped raining and i look in my garage. You guessed, the floor is covered in water. I wheel the Elise with HGF out. Roll up the rubber mats and sweep out the water. It starts raining again, i wheel the knackered Elise back in just in time for the floor to flood again. Beam me up Scotty FFS.

My Elise hasn't come out of its car cover or left the barn since the MLOC photoshoot :wacko:. I expect the battery is flat now too. Well, tough, it's not going anywhere for at least another two weeks now either since on Wednesday I fly out to Cyprus for a week with some mates. Roll on the bloody sunshine!

I don't know how those of you who drive the Lotus to work every day can be arsed. Mondeo all the way for me...

Archived