Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Curborough Sprint Class

graeme_laslett

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Class 2L - see you there !

Many thanks - hope to see you there... If I get the timing beam thingymebob sorted in time

G

Hi Greame

Martin might lend you his strut as he is mid upgrade.

Get your entry in soon for the 31st. It is the cheapest event of the year at £65 and may fill up.

If you have a problem and cannot attend they will give you your money back.

A strut takes an hour to make and the only other things you need to do to the car are yellow tape 'to mark the earth lead' and an arrow near the key to mark the direction of 'Ign off'.

Any problems just ask Tim, Nick, Martin, Matt, Chris, Harvey or Me (or call down on Sunday).

Looks like Tim and Me are in for Sunday, hopefully Chris, Nick, Harvey & Matt will be entered.

There will also be TWO NEW CARS & TWO NEW FACES in the Elise Class.

Sarah

I will try and get along Sunday afternoon for a watch then. Ladders has a strutt as does Steve-n if you are struggling. Ive no idea where mine is under all the mess in the garage. Let me know if you are struggling though. I can always knock one up at a push.

Edit, i managed to move that topic all on my own :lol: Are the rest of the mods asleep :photo:

Thanks all.

Application has been filled in, will post a cheque off tonight so I should be there.

I'll have a go at making a timing strut over the weekend - I think I took some photo's of Sarah's last time I was down at Curborough.

Never done this Sprinting before so please bear with the stupid questions that will be coming.

Thanks again

G

Mine's in Leic's if you need it as Martin said.

Good luck, hopefully see you next season! :(

Thanks Dave,

I'll see what damage I can do this weekend with a screwdriver and some sticky backed plastic, but I may take you up on your offer if it doesn't turn out like Blue Peter!!

G

Thanks all.

Application has been filled in, will post a cheque off tonight so I should be there.

I'll have a go at making a timing strut over the weekend - I think I took some photo's of Sarah's last time I was down at Curborough.

Never done this Sprinting before so please bear with the stupid questions that will be coming.

Thanks again

G

Graeme

The dimentions you need for the strut and info re car preparation are here.

http://www.curborough.co.uk/files/Introsprinting2008.pdf

Any stupid or non stupid questions welcome.

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again

G

Hi Graeme

Glad to see your in for Sundays Curborough Sprint (31 Aug)

Car 33. Tim Heron

Car 34. Nick Roberts

Car 35. Sarah Bosworth

Car 36. Graeme Laslett

Car 37. Matt Child

We had a great days motorsport at Curborough on Saturday, Tim set a new PB & Chris entertained the crowd with his 'showboat' driving style, despite a dislocated shoulder.

Harvey won the award for the fastest novice.

See you on Sunday and make sure you get there in time to walk the course.

Any problems, questions or queries, just give any of the lads a shout and they will help you out.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The timing strut is currently been painted and waiting for a second coat.... Yellow tape is on the battery (-ve terminal) and a cable tie round the brake fluid..... Am I missing anything else????

Oh, and I've got the numbers for the side of the car!!!

G

Hi Sarah,

The timing strut is currently been painted and waiting for a second coat.... Yellow tape is on the battery (-ve terminal) and a cable tie round the brake fluid..... Am I missing anything else????

Oh, and I've got the numbers for the side of the car!!!

G

Hi Graeme

Don't forget,

helmet

suit

boots & gloves (optional)

race licence (leave at signing on to get an upgrade signature)

mot & insurance (scrutineers may ask for these)

dinner money

The paddock bays they have given us B15 to B20 were waterlogged this weekend so we may find a space further up the paddock that is a bit drier. I'm going up the night before so will park in a dry spot. When you turn up park next to me & you will be OK.

Sarah

Thanks Sarah,

Just gone through all the paper work again and two things

1) MSA Sticker for my helmet? It is BS6658 approved, but does not have an MSA sticker. Is this something I get from Curbororugh or am I off to but a new helmet?

2) The additional regs from SDCC mention competition log books and that they will not be available. If I need one I should get one before hand. Do I need one? If so, where do I get one from?

Why do I always leave things so late????

G

Archived