litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sprinting - Ignition Requirements

graeme_laslett

Hi All,

With my impending ARDS test next week, I have decided to do some revision of the "little" Blue Book and came across a little nugget of information that stated an ignition with must be fitted to the car that can be operated by the driver from the seated position.

Am I right in assuming that the standard Elise key ignition fits this requirement, or do I need to get a "kill" switch fitted???

This sprinting lark seemed so simple when I thought about doing this and now I realise that there is more to it than meets the eye.... so sorry for any stuipd questions over the next couple of weeks

Many thanks

G

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't need the ARDS test for sprinting, you only need the non-race national B licence (fill in a form and send a cheque).

Why didn't I post the ignition question BEFORE I spent a bucket load of cash on the ARDS test????

Good escuse to go do some real racing once you have a full licence though !!! (then again more needs to be done to prepare your car)

Presume you can't cancel the ARDS and get your money back ??

If you come to curborough this sunday a few of us are sprinting (i have a spare sticker for your ignition you can have, save you some money !!!)

Good escuse to go do some real racing once you have a full licence though !!! (then again more needs to be done to prepare your car)

Presume you can't cancel the ARDS and get your money back ??

If you come to curborough this sunday a few of us are sprinting (i have a spare sticker for your ignition you can have, save you some money !!!)

No chance of getting the money back.... but like you say a good excuse to do some real racing at some point....

Planning to come down to Curborough this Sunday to watch so if you do have a spare ignition sticker I would be most greatful.

Many thanks

G

just got my Nat B licence in the post this morning...... look out everyone Captain Slow is on track !! :blowup:

Cool! What you planning to race??

Some spare spaces at some rounds of the Elise Trophy if you're interested!

just got my Nat B licence in the post this morning...... look out everyone Captain Slow is on track !! :blowup:

:D I think Steve is thinking more of Curborough.

just got my Nat B licence in the post this morning...... look out everyone Captain Slow is on track !! :rolleyes:

Give us a shout if you have a spare drivers seat Stu! ;)

;) I think Steve is thinking more of Curborough.

Ah shame! Be good to get more MLOCers on the grid!

Give us a shout if you have a spare drivers seat Stu! :lol:

Actually I have three in the basement!!! :rolleyes:

Archived