litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Exibition Marquee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have the banners and flags in a carver box, i'm going to give them a wipe over.

Steve - how many flags are there?

Greg - are you still able to get hold of flag poles? I seem to remember they came from some random far off eastern european place?!

Who's feeling a bit Blue Peter?!

Steve-n has just made us some great fence posts and fencing for our plot, thanks Steve :( . To be launched at the Lakes trip! Has anyone else had a chance to dig around their garage/shed and turn up any more items on our list?

I have found out we will be on tarmac for our marquee so we will require marquee tethers, about 6 of them. These only need to be old buckets/compost sacks filled with cement with old chain or rope to from a loop to secure guy ropes to - anyone feeling a bit creative?

Is anyone able to knock up some small display stands, 2 -3 feet high with an angled flat board onto which we can pin an A4 info sheet for each of the three display cars? Should only take 3 bits of 3x3" timber and about 3sqft of old plywood, a few simple tools and some elbow grease....

Anyone got any patio chairs, curver boxes, collection cans, or old cans to make collection cans, access to projector and screen or to display boards for our photo displays?

We'd really appreciate it if everyone looked to see how they could help put all this together. I'll arrange to collect items from you, ready for transport to site. Anyone up for a challenge?

Anyone got any patio chairs, curver boxes, collection cans, or old cans to make collection cans, access to projector and screen or to display boards for our photo displays?

I have some large exhibition display boards size 2m x 1m - they clip togther and are blue felt one side and black the other, the sort that you can attach pictures or signs to using sticky velcro pads. Would they fit in the van ?

I have some large exhibition display boards size 2m x 1m - they clip togther and are blue felt one side and black the other, the sort that you can attach pictures or signs to using sticky velcro pads. Would they fit in the van ?

Oh, yes, no problem! Are they self supporting? How many do you have?

Sounds great, thanks!

Sounds great, thanks!

I have 9, plus 2 half width panels. They clip together with poles and then you have to angle them to get them to free stand or simply run them around the edge of the marquee. You could even build a little cupboard with them as one panels has a door. We used them for exhibitions at the NEC but haven't done one for years !

PERFECT :( Please PM me with your address and contact numners, the van in in Nottingham so we can arrange to get them closer to the time. We could use them as three triangular, self supporting stands to mill around, leaving the walls for more posters etc. Great stuff, thanks.

Sounds great, thanks!

I have 9, plus 2 half width panels. They clip together with poles and then you have to angle them to get them to free stand or simply run them around the edge of the marquee. You could even build a little cupboard with them as one panels has a door. We used them for exhibitions at the NEC but haven't done one for years !

• 1 month later...

We are now in need of pictures to display in Marquee. I am organising printing, so all I need is images. The subject areas are;

• conversions/projects
  • racing/sprinting/track days
  • runs/events/socials

If anyone has any photos that we could display please PM me. I need the photo and details of what/where/who etc.

Also, we will be running a projector screen on the day so any short film clips of runs, tours, track days etc can be put on loop. Please PM me if you have any of these you would like to display too.

I need everything by the beginning of next week for printing, so hurry and look through your files/galleries, and you could be famous for a day!

Archived