litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hethel Exibition Marquee

We have a plot of 12m x 9m and have very kindly been lent a full size professional marquee and transport for the event (thanks Howard). Now we need to fill it with stuff which best shows off MLOC and provides a great base for all you lot to meet and mingle!

I have plenty of ideas to get us rolling but would like you lot to suggest more, help source or produce materials/equipment and be willing volunteers for the weekend to help set up and break down our exhibition. I am based in Derby and can provide storage for our bits and pieces. My initial ideas are as follows and up for debate (green means confirmed as donated);

Equipment;

• Marquee
  • Tether anchors; cement blocks with loops in the top or similar (incase we are on hardstanding rather than field)
  • MLOC Banners
  • White plastic chain and 2ft high posts for cordoning (max 24m chain and 8 steel posts with small hooks at top and flat wide base at bottom)
  • Mallets and posts
  • Tables and chairs for inside
  • Several large lidded curver boxes for storage (maybe sorted)
  • Sack truck
  • Transport
  • Collection cans (like PDSA have outside Tesco) to encourage contributions from our members
  • Large plastic dustbins
  • Step ladder(s)

Merchandise;

• Fresh supply of MLOC calling cards
  • Fresh supply of MLOC stickers
  • Double sided digitally printed flyer (1/3 A4, no fold)
  • Balloons with MLOC logo for decorating entrance and to give away to kids
  • Helium
  • Stickers with MLOC logo to give away to MLOC members when they visit. I know it sounds daft but how many events have we all attended and thought, "He/She might be MLOC but I'm not sure"? If our visiting members take a sticker they can get 'spotted' out and about on site
  • MLOC Door stickers

Display;

• Car stands if appropriate
  • Laminated cards providing details of car on display, either for on dashboard or on small display board by car
  • Display cars to provide small valet kit for the day
  • Tall display boards for displaying large photoshoots in themes (Runs, Trips away, track, sprint, racing etc)
  • Projector, screen, laptop for cycling further photos of MLOC events and cars
  • Generator/leads/Lights

Refreshments;

• Toying with the idea of providing soft drinks at a small price to help with collection?
  • Massive bowl of sweeties
  • Any other ideas? I've seen huge piles of Muffins/Cupcakes given away in the past - anyone feeling a bit Delia Smith? Mustn't get too elaborate or I'll have to check our insurance policy

Volunteers;

• Plenty of people to help create and/or provide the above!
  • 2-3 people to help pack the van and travel from Derby/Nottingham
  • About 6-8 folk to set up on Saturday
  • About 8-12 folk to man the marquee in stints on Sunday
  • About 6-8 folk to help break down our exibition Sunday afternoon
  • 2-3 people to help un pack the van back at Derby/Nottingham

Some of this will cost money, but much of this can be sourced by you guys as either your own kit, part of your day job or goodwill/favours. Where necessary MLOC could contribute limited funds, but we intend for this event to be self financing.

So, that's some of my initial ideas, over to you lot if you offer to provide or make any of the above bits and pieces or suggest new ideas.....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So

Marquee - a smaller one at 12M x 4M would be better I'll bring that see picture attached.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa161/H...ntything024.jpg

Transport will be a Nissan Primestar van

I can also do steps, 3 green plastic bins with lids, sack truck, 2 trestle tables, 6ft x 2ft ish, generator (although it may be too noisy as at Le Mans last year), leads, lights, mallets.

I did make up for myself some MLOC clothing labels see picture attached, one I put on a work coat, several on T Shirts but I do have some spare which we could iron onto yellow hi vis vests. If you dont mind looking like canarys.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa161/H...EY/MLOCcoat.jpg and

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa161/H...Y/MLOCbadge.jpg

Im not sure if Sonya or Harvey have them at the moment. A thought, some of these things are going to start to cost money. A lot is being given for free but as a for instance the diesel to get it all down there will not be. How about if we sell the tickets we have at a fiver each to pay for the odds and ends expenses ?

Im not sure if Sonya or Harvey have them at the moment. A thought, some of these things are going to start to cost money. A lot is being given for free but as a for instance the diesel to get it all down there will not be. How about if we sell the tickets we have at a fiver each to pay for the odds and ends expenses ?

The diesel and bits I've got might cost a beer but I'm going anyway so fuel costs dont matter.

i have the banners and flags in a carver box, i'm going to give them a wipe over.

i'll have a look for the white posts and white chain........

i'm happy to help out on the set-up on Saturday and Sunday.

# Fresh supply of MLOC calling cards

# Fresh supply of MLOC stickers

Check for both of those, I have lots of them.

I will be there both Saturday and Sunday to help out :D

Mark do the cards have the Lotus badge on? If so, perhaps we shouldn't use them (just in case we get a telling off!). Having said that, given the size of the event they may go un-noticed....

i have the banners and flags in a carver box, i'm going to give them a wipe over.
Do the flags need flag poles, Steve?If you are looking for fencing posts, can you be on the lookout for heavy based ones as they have a tendency to topple over with the weight of lots of chain. Thanks.
They are fine to have the badge on as we are not selling them, just like the car stickers.
Yey, I'll remove the comment on the main thread then.

Archived