litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mloc Photoshoot - 16/08/08, Tatenhill Airfield, Burton

:(:):photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo:

MLOC Photoshoot Event

post-1516-1218638878.gif

What a great response for our event! Please find below information for our Photoshoot on Saturday. As you can imagine, getting 50-60 cars and people into inch-perfect formation for one single helicopter lift is quite a challenge, so we will be providing you with instructions and stewards will be directing you on the day.

Above all, enjoy it. This is possibly the biggest MLOC meet ever and for a very good cause! A finished photo will be available soon for you to download with your name and car included. We will also be using the images for publicity, flyers, and our Lotus 60th Anniversary exhibition so you and your car will become a little bit of MLOC history!

MLOC_Photoshoot_Instructions.pdf

Venue

The event is to be held at 3pm at Tatenhill Airfield, near Burton-on-Trent. For those with SatNav it is at DE13 9PD. It is located on the B5234, 4 miles west of Burton and the A38 and 5 miles south of the A50, A515 south turning. Please note it is not actually in Tatenhill village, so ensure you follow these instructions.

Tatenhill Airfield,

Newborough Road,

Needwood,

Burton-on-Trent,

Staffordshire

DE13 9PD

A map can be found here; http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&...39PD|DE13%209PD

More Tatenhill details can be found here; http://www.tatenhill.com/

There are toilets in the control tower (signposted) for our use. There is also a café in the East Staffordshire Flying Club near the main gates, and we have been invited to use it if we wish. Both are some way from our runway, so we suggest you use them on your way in or after the photoshoot.

A petrol station is one mile east of the site, on the left, take a right out of the site gates.

On arrival

On entering the site MLOC signs and stewards in lumi-jackets will direct you to our area. We will be set up at the entrance to our runway area.

We will be on site during live operations and there are several flying clubs, aircraft owners and visitors present on site at all times. Please respect our host's wishes and observe a strict 10mph speed limit on site at all times, even on the runway. The access to our runway is along a slightly bumpy perimeter road, so watch your number plates!

There will be barriers up to mark the limits of travel along the runway, we shouldn't even need to extend that far. They are there for your safety, do not cross them or you may find yourself in the path of an aircraft!

Please park as directed and sign in. You will be given a name badge so we know who everyone is (save those awkward "Who are you?" moments!).

Briefing and Formation

There will be a briefing at 3.15pm sharp. The purpose of the briefing is to explain how we will be putting the cars into formation and give you your instructions. You will then be directed to your cars and the stewards will bring you forward one at a time to park up in formation and then leave your car and drop back out of shot. We will then signal for the Helicopter to get into position to take our shots.

As well as the helicopter we have also arranged for an verticalview.co.uk to provide high level mast photography and Scott to provide informal photography of the day.

I am hoping that the formation should take no longer than 30 minutes and the actual shoot no longer than 15 minutes, though much of this is dependent on getting a well timed break in any possible weather than may occur. We should be done by 4.30pm at the latest.

If Tornado Stops Play…..

Currently the forecast is for acceptable flying weather for Saturday and even if the helicopters can't go up our high level mast photography will step in. If the unthinkable happens and we suffer horrendous weather conditions we will reschedule to Saturday 23rd of August. Please do come along this Saturday even if the weather is poor where you live as it is as likely to fine and sunny at our venue!

We hope you enjoy the event and enjoy the finished product!

:photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo::photo:

Confirmed

1. Sonya
  2. Dobbo
  3. Jon
  4. Scott
  5. Steve-N
  6. Harvey
  7. Jo23 (Jo and Liam)
  8. HABC
  9. Dr H
  10. Martin and Liz
  11. Miles
  12. Greg g
  13. Eddie
  14. Flying Exige (Rich)
  15. Al Dawson (Exige S1, friend of Flying Exige)
  16. Con McL
  17. Alan Stinton (JonS' Dad in M100)
  18. Mark H
  19. Azureblue
  20. Hines
  21. Jez
  22. Elaine & Reg. (also D.D)
  23. Kimbo
  24. Matturbo
  25. Nick (surrealillusions)
  26. Paulb
  27. Mambosasa (Bis)
  28. insanity/baz
  29. fentuz/Bill
  30. Half Colin - Colin and son Tom
  31. GreyKnight
  32. Andy Pollard
  33. R.I.B
  34. nick_y100
  35. Phil.S
  36. Smiley Chenit
  37. jaybo
  38. Father4Justice (Glen)
  39. Parkes
  40. S1 MON
  41. S1 Steve
  42. N3YL B
  43. Whiz
  44. thirdbrother3
  45. symondsac
  46. Lindsey878
  47. Neiller
  48. Lee
  49. SCOTTJ
  50. marmston
  51. EliseLaura
  52. amoss
  53. davidcwhalley
  54. paulderbys
  55. skywalker1
  56. smilesofun
  57. Elise106
  58. mr.oogieboogie
  59. ssjp
  60. Redlake27
  61. cmm elise s
  62. Martin32
  63. Jondersmit
  64. Metters
  65. Propellorhead
  66. digitalmale
  67. Numpty

Snapper (minus Lotus)

Tango190 (minus Lotus)

Neil (driving Scott's car)

Darren5591

Midtec

Yet to be Confirmed

1. Chris_h
  2. Dan
  3. Owen
  4. russelld

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:P Discussion has been underway on the MLOC at 60th Anniversary thread about running an event this summer where we can do a photoshoot of MLOC (cars, not owners - we want to be able to use the photos!) to provide some good publicity shots to use on flyers and display boards at future events, particularly Hethel. Lets break out that idea to a fresh thread...

You are all to ugly to be in the picture :lol::P

The location is key to making this work well.A professional scaffolding tower might need to be rather high to be able to get 40 cars spelling out MLOC

I have also asked the local helicopter pilot for the loan of his chopper.

I can for around £30.00ish (fuel and a drink) borrow a machine for around 10 mins after the cars are setup for some aerial shots.

This should be nice.

Only thing that cannot be planned... the weather therefore, a few previsional date may be needed???

I have also asked the local helicopter pilot for the loan of his chopper.

I can for around £30.00ish (fuel and a drink) borrow a machine for around 10 mins after the cars are setup for some aerial shots.

This should be nice.

Only thing that cannot be planned... the weather therefore, a few previsional date may be needed???

Good idea, we need to think about that (not sure I can source a brolley big enough for that many of us! Bright but cloudy day is better for photography, but rain is a bit of a dampner (!).

Downside of multiple dates is you reduce your scope of attendees with a lack of certainty, but we should float it to see what people think.

Hi Sonya - or whoever is doing the list. Count a black Exige in as I will be in UK for August (too many tourists in my place!) - early notification of date appreciated.

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

We need to agree on some dates pretty soon as people will be on going on Holidays etc.

Can i start the ball rolling with the following:-

Sunday 29th June (PM)

Wednesday 2nd July (PM)

Just reading though this and it sounds like a brilliant thing to do. Count a White Elise in, whenever it is I will make time to attend!

Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Has anyone been able to follow leads of a venue?

If this is to go ahead, we need to push it in the next few weeks to get numbers in attendance.

Ticker for attending (Date dependent)

1. Sonya

2. Jon

3. Howard

4. Snapper (minus Lotus)

5. Fentuz

6. Kimbo

7. Steve-N

8. EliseLaura

Venue & Date need to be settled asap.

I expect I can make it.

1. Sonya

2. Jon

3. Howard

4. Snapper (minus Lotus)

5. Fentuz

6. Kimbo

7. Steve-N

8. EliseLaura

9. GreyKnight

EDIT: I don't know if I can contribute much, but I do work in the digital label printing business. I can do things like colour stickers (not vinyls), so things like promo stickers for handing out at shows and stuff are possible, but I can't always do it all for free. Adhesive labels cost money and usually have to be made specially if a specific shape or size is needed.

Guest father4justice

Count me in if the date is convenient

1. Sonya

2. Jon

3. Howard

4. Snapper (minus Lotus)

5. Fentuz

6. Kimbo

7. Steve-N

8. EliseLaura

9. GreyKnight

10. Scott

11. Father4Justice (Glen)

Typical, Im on holiday from 2nd - 16th august lol. Count me in if you decide on another date though.

1. Sonya

2. Jon

3. Howard

4. Snapper (minus Lotus)

5. Fentuz

6. Kimbo

7. Steve-N

8. EliseLaura

9. GreyKnight

10. Scott

11. Father4Justice (Glen)