litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Iphone - Unlocking And Advice

Deleted_User

I was an iPhone lover but then the extra £45 as it will be a month just for using it at weekends is too much.

Buy an iPod Touch new functioanlity will pretty much give you all of an iPhone but without the calls and text. You can even wifi and email.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who needs to pay £45/month? The Sim unlock works perfectly.

If you brick the phone, you can revert it back again, so it's not an issue really. As for updates - you just wait till the update has been "fixed" by the community - in fact once it has, there will be an option inside the Installer app on the phone, to upgrade to the newest version, and it'll handle it for you!

The new ZiPHone is so easy, that you are really going to struggle to brick your phone with it.

Who needs to pay £45/month? The Sim unlock works perfectly.

If you brick the phone, you can revert it back again, so it's not an issue really. As for updates - you just wait till the update has been "fixed" by the community - in fact once it has, there will be an option inside the Installer app on the phone, to upgrade to the newest version, and it'll handle it for you!

The new ZiPHone is so easy, that you are really going to struggle to brick your phone with it.

If I use an unlocked iPhone on, say Vodafone, will I loose any services or functionality against running on the official O2 network?

Andy

the problem with software unlocking the phone is that it changes the baseband and downgrades the bootloader. Once the bootloader is down to 3.9 you cannot get it back to 4.2.

For the sake of £15 for a turbo sim off ebay. You can keep the baseband and bootloader without making irreparable changes.

Not sure about ripping a phone off from CPW. A mate at work got one from a website (Already ziphones) for £219

I got mine for £200 but i know a guy who knows a guy. wink wink. :)

ebay prices are simular to the CPW purchase price anyway.

Also. They're not "that" good. Cool gadget though!!

Dave, I didnt like how the phone was being unlocked

I managed to get my hands on one of our development units and run the unlocking process. We monitored the conversation between the iPhone and the application. The unlocking method used is very VERY hard, it is basically a brut force attack on the iPhones file system.

I was reading very good reviews on the application used to unlock the phone but if you dig deep enough there are some horror stories as well.

I am not saying that all methods use the same attack but the I was not comfy running the risk.

I have heard nothing on the iPhone2 -sorry

Archived