litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

"sold" On Itv

Whiz

I was watching the new series on ITV tonight, a "Comedy" about estate agents, and what was Kris Marshall driving? You guessed it, an Elise!!

Great advertising for Lotus and a wonderful change from Porsches...

Wish they'd come and sell my house!!!

Al

:)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had this discussion on SELOC, the only problem is, we're going to get called estate agents now - I'd rather be called a gay hairdresser S2 owner than an estate agent.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH ESTATE AGENTS? Not general answer please be specific.

Had this discussion on SELOC, the only problem is, we're going to get called estate agents now - I'd rather be called a gay hairdresser S2 owner than an estate agent.

Every estate agent I've dealt with, has gone out of their way to either:

1) Lie and bend the truth as much as humanly possible - I give you as an example, "Well modernised" - meaning, "The boiler is broken, there is one plug socket in every room, there's no damp course"

2) Be as unhelpful as humanly possible

Every estate agent I've dealt with, has gone out of their way to either:

1) Lie and bend the truth as much as humanly possible - I give you as an example, "Well modernised" - meaning, "The boiler is broken, there is one plug socket in every room, there's no damp course"

2) Be as unhelpful as humanly possible

From your comments I assume you are speaking as a buyer rather than a seller. Should you be commenting as a seller then it is YOUR responsibility to ensure the property is as described. If you speak as a buyer then go direct to the owner, cut out the agent if you are not happy. Ask specific questions before you view. I would however be interested to know how many properties you have purchased/sold. Happy to recommend some Derby/Derbyshire guys if you ever need.

Kimbo, people love to hate estate agents, in the same way as we love to hate the French, this doesn't make it right, but at the end of the day, am sure if we knew any estate agents as friends, we would know that they are not all the same. This can be applied to any label, am sure not all Elise owners are the 'best' type of person in the world.

This begs the questions, are you an estate agent?

:crybaby:

..... civil servant all rate about the same to me.

How they can call themselves that when the vast majority I have dealt with were neither civil nor servile, we should report them to trades descriptions..... :crybaby:

....but then they're part of the conspiracy! :)

It could be worse.....

Gay estate agent :D

This begs the questions, are you an estate agent?

:D

No....no chance ....never... but I don't think that people with a possible limited knowledge of a profession should castigate those who work say as estate agents or indeed brain surgeons etc.

am sure not all Elise owners are the 'best' type of person in the world.

Agreed - only Exige owners fall into the 'best' category.

Hmm, interesting,

Sure did open a can of worms with that post didn't I...That'll teach me.

Funnily enough, the estate agent I'm using rang me today for an update and the first thing she asked was; "How's your beautiful Lotus?"

Now there's an estate agent who knows what they're talking about...Knew there was a reason I picked them!!!

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to!!!

Al

Archived