litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A Couple Of Annoying Things...

Mish

Hello!!

I have a couple of annoying niggles with the car (S1) and was wondering if people could point me in the right direction...

1. My wiper washers haven't fired water out for about 6 months and I think its a good idea to fix them!! so... I have checked the pump + un-plugged the pipes and they all fire well so it must be the actual washer jets, I have stuck pin's in them etc. and to no avail, the must be mega blocked by something so what would people recommend? If new ones then where would be best to get them? Or is there something I could soak them in?

2. I broke the button that turns the main beam on! oops, it doesn't 'click in' anymore, I thought it was a cap on the top I could pull off and replace the bulb but it doesn't seem to be now!! where would I get a new one from?

3. The hinge on my plastic boot lid... I need a new one? I can find metal piano hinges but I guess I need a plastic one?

Thanks for help in advance,

Hamish.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi mish, having similar problems to myself.

1) Not sure where the washer jets are from. sure someone else will be able to tell you. or there's the conversion which puts the jets onto the wiper arm, citroen part i believe or a bit of fish tank tubing from the pet store.

2) Elise parts do the buttons new, or if you're a cheapskate like me go down to the salvage place by Staverton Airport and get one off a pug 106 or 306, they charged me a wopping 50p for mine.

3) I also need the hinge for the boot lid, may even get around to replacing it by next year, available from:

http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/LotusShop/De...p;Id=A111V0148F

and the rivets:

http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/LotusShop/De...p;Id=A111W6604F

sure you could get the rivets cheaper elsewhere though.

Hope this helps

Hi mish, having similar problems to myself.

1) Not sure where the washer jets are from. sure someone else will be able to tell you. or there's the conversion which puts the jets onto the wiper arm, citroen part i believe or a bit of fish tank tubing from the pet store.

2) Elise parts do the buttons new, or if you're a cheapskate like me go down to the salvage place by Staverton Airport and get one off a pug 106 or 306, they charged me a wopping 50p for mine.

3) I also need the hinge for the boot lid, may even get around to replacing it by next year, available from:

http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/LotusShop/De...p;Id=A111V0148F

and the rivets:

http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/LotusShop/De...p;Id=A111W6604F

sure you could get the rivets cheaper elsewhere though.

Hope this helps

Hi Ade,

Thanks for that, boot hinge ordered!

Where about's in Cheltenham are you?

Ill pop down to Harry's on the weekend then.. I love rifling through junk yards!

:-)

I live up in Bishops Cleeve, actually use the car every day for the commute into work in Cheltenham, so looking forward to the winter. Did get around to waterproofing the roof again and painting the rear grills as they had more rust than paint on them.

It will be fine in the winter, I use mine from Chelt town centre to Tewkesbury every day and it did all of last year fine :clap:

I recon you will have fun with the big dip before the racecourse when its all icy!!!

I would recommend a hard-top if it's an S1 ? as my soft top sucked when it was raining all the time.. I haven't seen you about, I live right in the centre near the fiery angel... there used to be an S2 in dark silver that lived near me, but not anymore!

:D

It will be fine in the winter, I use mine from Chelt town centre to Tewkesbury every day and it did all of last year fine :D

I recon you will have fun with the big dip before the racecourse when its all icy!!!

I would recommend a hard-top if it's an S1 ? as my soft top sucked when it was raining all the time.. I haven't seen you about, I live right in the centre near the fiery angel... there used to be an S2 in dark silver that lived near me, but not anymore!

:D

Not as much fun as it was the day of the flooding, the water was hitting the undertray by the time i got past Smiths Idustries :clap: , as the big bus in front of me decided it wasn't going to risk it i had to turn round and go another way.

It is an S1, have used it through the winter for several years now, was originally going to buy a hard top but have since found it fine without one, as long as you keep it waterproofed.

Think i've seen you once in town at a distance.

Ah my friend works at Smiths... said it was bad on the 'day of the flood' I was lucky to leave tewkesbury @ 3.30pm people who left after me even by 30mins got stranded! Found the elise was fun sliding round wet corners too!!

You'll know mine its reasonably loud!! The Cleeve fish bar is one of my favorite chipies... even thought I only have the mini-cod which seems to be massive its much nicer than Charlies :D

hat do you use for water proofing? I have the auto-glym stuff, just seems to leak tho :clap:

Ah my friend works at Smiths... said it was bad on the 'day of the flood' I was lucky to leave tewkesbury @ 3.30pm people who left after me even by 30mins got stranded! Found the elise was fun sliding round wet corners too!!

You'll know mine its reasonably loud!! The Cleeve fish bar is one of my favorite chipies... even thought I only have the mini-cod which seems to be massive its much nicer than Charlies :D

hat do you use for water proofing? I have the auto-glym stuff, just seems to leak tho :clap:

Used the waterproofing stuff from Millets before, but the last time I went out and got the Autoglym kit wich seems to have worked a lot better. Only problem now is the water collects in puddles on the roof instead of soaking through so if you knock it whilst getting in you get a shower on your head, nice.

Gave the fabric a good clean twice with the cleaner that came in the kit then a good soaking with about half the bottle of the waterproofer.

Small chips from Cleeve Fish Bar is enough for two people as well and the chinese next door is good.

Archived