litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Elise Dream Is Over

Neil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we saw the ambulance and fire engine we were just hoping a Lotus owner wasnt involved!

Made me feel ill just looking at the picture.. at least you are OK - thats the most important factor.

Its very easily done though mate - ive certainly been there before!

Hope you are back in an Elise soon.

P.S - Very well written post! You don't deserve any negative comments!

Simon

Well it's obvious now that nobody is going to start taking the piss out of your driving. I think I can safely say that everyone on here is more concerned about your safety than the picture.

Just glad you are unharmed!!

Hopefully you'll be over this in no time and you never know, you might even have a "Better" one in the future!

Mike

OK, so it was nasty, but it could have been a lot worse.

I drove past the site, without knowing what was going on (I think the car had been moved by then). I can count several close shaves I've had myself from not paying attention enough, and I think everyone else probably can too. 

I wouldn't worry about anyone making judgement here, we're all just happy you got through it pretty much unscathed.

Just glad to hear you are still in one piece Neil.

Take some time out to sit back, chill, and recover. Cash the cheque from the insurance. Then go shopping for a replacement...!

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, so don't dwell on it too much if you can help it.

Most of all, enjoy the forthcoming times as a new parent. All this will pale into insignificance in the very near future and be chalked down to 'just one of those things'...

All the best mate,

Steve.

Neil, glad you are ok! Thats the main thing. Cars are just material things and you can always get another one when you have recovered.

I had a big un many years ago and it takes time! Best wishes and give me a shout when you get back to Cat.

Regards to yourself and your missus!

See you soon and if you ever want a play in an elise give me a shout!

Stu

Really sorry to be reading this Neil. :(

The main thing is you're still in one piece, but you really should try not to let it get you down or put you off getting another, unfortunately accidents happen.

Hope you feel ok soon, and the imminent new arrival goes well for you all.

Then, when you're ready come back to the fold! :)

Well, my elise dream is over. I'm sure you've all seen the pictures by now - that once lovely 111S under the Audi A8 was mine. I was still in the car when that picture was taken.

So sorry to hear about this. We were still at Hethel at 6 o'clock so had no idea what had happened.

Thank god you're OK though.

Eric

I'm so sorry that Audi reversed over the top of you!!!

Seriously though, someone up there was looking after you...

All the best for the future to you and your family and come back to us soon.

Alison

Blimey Neil! Glad you're okay, you did that one in style!

Same thoughts as everyone else really, it's no reason to leave the brand altogether. you've just proven that there are worse cars to be driving when you crash than an Elise. I agree you need to step away for a period while your baby is born and make your life adjustment there, but one day you can come back to the fold.

Don't disappear from the forums though!

Graham

Mos,

I have 'just' missed you on the last couple of evening club runs, everybody commented on what a top bloke you were, and your organisational abilities are legendary.

If you need a ride (or a reminder of what it's like to drive) whilst without, let us in the evening club know, we aill be glad to lend a hand.

Glad you're OK, sh1t happens, enjoy yourself.

Archived