litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Brake Spares

Ladders

Hi guys!

Anyone know where do you get parts like the rubber boots for the rear brake callipers?

Also those spring plates that go under the front calliper guide pins and the split pins?

Cheers! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave - This was on Seloc recently, sure it's for the front brakes, but are the rears AP too?

From this post: http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid...ge=1#pid2418637

Liams Quote: Spoke to AP. I asked for dust seals for the above caliper and they quoted me about £18 (inc VAT and delivery). They guy happened to mention that they are a road caliper and include a "wipe seal".

It might be worth a punt on those seals... if they're not right then they charge £68+VAT to recondition a 2-piston caliper (with seals and pipes) so that's not bad as a worst case scenario.

In fact Dave - This should sort you out!

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid...ge=1#pid2418637

Thanks Dan, although it's the boot for the rear that I need most really.

I did ask this on SELOC (bigger pool of people to ask you see!) and liam replied with 'search the archives' so wasnt much help really! :D

Send Andy D a PM on Exiges. I'm sure he's refurbed calipers before. :D

Rear caliper is off a Renault Laguna and you cant refurb it - only the slider bit - the good news is that the boots are in the refurb kit though :)

The Lotus part number is A082J6162S and is a bit expensive .. whereas the Renault part number is 77 01 205 496 and is about half price.

So pop to a Renault dealer and you should be all set

Andy

See - where on another website you'd have pages full of drivel, here we give proper advice :D (Even if all mine is shamelessly stolen cos my Mum has more mechanical knowledge than me!)

Archived