litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Noisy Heater Fan

Daniel

Hi,

The S2 I looked at had what we thought was a very noisy fan. I don't recall this in any other S2's I've been in, whats yours like? Also I realise it's a clam-off job to repair/replace, does anyone have a rough cost of the parts and labour to do this?

Thanks,

Dan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how to measure it but I reckon I can barely hear mine on its lowest couple of settings unless the engine's off.

Mind you, my only comparison is a Mini which has two hairdryers in the footwells ...

hey dan

be careful or be aware so you can knock down price :D

my fan was noisy when i bought it 16 months ago, but calmed down, after a bit of fiddling/spraying with wd etc.

then 3 months ago started making noise again, then lost speed options i.e

on at 3 or off

heater motor is now fooked and needs replacing

£200 pair coppers for parts and clam off front and fix (about 5 hours work) rates as applicable.

its a common S2 problem so could happen to any one any time

good hunting

richbk

Depends what you mean by loud Daniel. It should sound like a rushing but any mechanical sound will mean something's up.

Dealers cost a lot to replace a fan etc as their hourly rate is high for clam removal and re-fitting. I think NW quoted 5 hours to remove and refit clam so £500 without anything being done.

Thanks for the replies guys.

On speed 1 it's ok, you can hear the motor a bit, but speed 2 and three you can hear the motor whirring away quite loud, very loud infact. Kinda like when you put cards in your bicycle spokes as a kid.

Thanks for the info and prices too. Something I'll definately be speaking to the owner about some more and possibly negotiating. He's a really nice guy though and already said he'll look into it.

Since we're talking about this kinda stuff, is there anything that I should look for on an S2 other than the normal stuff you look for on a S1?

Archived