litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Sill Trims

daves2111s

My drivers side sill trim is looking a bit worse for wear now.

Anyone had them re-trimmed........ or any other ideas?

Think I read something about this some time back but couldn't find it.

Could just buy new ones but will end up the same very quickly I think.

Dave :lol:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the standard plastic jobs in mine and swmbo commented the other morning that they were looking a bit tatty,I was going to get them done in black leather by Lotus but looking at AnthT

comment above I'm not so sure now. To be honest the cars nearly 3 years old now and they're only a bit scuffed,my car gets used everyday and the sill pads in my S1(leather) were knacked inside of 6 months.

Anybody know how much they are new??££ probably

Regards

Jon

I had a spare one of these sills and decided to see how I could get it back to new. What I did was strip off the black film that is on the sill (I use thinners and a scrapper - a bit messy) I then rubbed it down with some semi rough wet and dry then finished of with a smooth wet and dry paper. this gave me a really smooth finish. (remember it's all in the preperation) I then purchased some black upholstry spray paint and spray primer from Halfords. (14.99 per tin)

Applied two coats of primer, then four coats of the black - result, LIKE NEW, plus the fact that if you mark it again all you have to do is rub it down and repaint.

I am now thinking of put some of the transparant stone chip film that Halfords now sell on it, but I'm not sure at present whether I should cover the whole sill or just part of it.

Hope this helps.

That stuff they sell at Halfords is actually VentureShield which I have used for ages now as do Lotus on their newer cars. If anyone wants to avoid Halfords prices I can get you a better price & supply it with the fitting kit which apparantly costs about £15 there :lol:

PM me or go to my web site http://www.car-shine.co.uk

I had a spare one of these sills and decided to see how I could get it back to new. What I did was strip off the black film that is on the sill (I use thinners and a scrapper - a bit messy) I then rubbed it down with some semi rough wet and dry then finished of with a smooth wet and dry paper. this gave me a really smooth finish. (remember it's all in the preperation) I then purchased some black upholstry spray paint and spray primer from Halfords. (14.99 per tin)

Applied two coats of primer, then four coats of the black - result, LIKE NEW, plus the fact that if you mark it again all you have to do is rub it down and repaint.

I am now thinking of put some of the transparant stone chip film that Halfords now sell on it, but I'm not sure at present whether I should cover the whole sill or just part of it.

Hope this helps.

That stuff they sell at Halfords is actually VentureShield which I have used for ages now as do Lotus on their newer cars. If anyone wants to avoid Halfords prices I can get you a better price & supply it with the fitting kit which apparantly costs about £15 there :)

I checked your website out but could not find the product you are selling for 15:00. Is it pre cut film for the sills?

No the £15 was what I had been told the fitting kit was in Halfords. I have been in today and it is actually £ 7.99 but I was amazed when I opened the box cos all that was in there was some solution, a rubber squegee and a squirty bottle :clap: . I send that out with the bike kits included!!!

I have just measured my sills and I am going to do this so will probably get a pre-cut kit put together and will put a price on here for those who are interested when it is done.

Carl

That stuff they sell at Halfords is actually VentureShield which I have used for ages now as do Lotus on their newer cars. If anyone wants to avoid Halfords prices I can get you a better price & supply it with the fitting kit which apparantly costs about £15 there ;)

I checked your website out but could not find the product you are selling for 15:00. Is it pre cut film for the sills?

I have just measured my sills and I am going to do this so will probably get a pre-cut kit put together and will put a price on here for those who are interested when it is done.

Carl

Sounds good to me.

VentureShield have just contacted me to say they have templated the sills now & are sending me a set to test fit to see what I think. When they are done I will get images on here for you all & prices etc. as parts like this will come as a self install with all the tools required :clap:

Carl

Sounds good to me.

Dont knock the afflicted!

I went to Halfords a few days ago to see if I could get a clay bar for my paintwork. They had a kit by Meguirs there that is usually about £25 but the shelf showed £11 so I ran to the checkout where the young person asked me for £ 22.50.

I explained that it showed £11 on the shelf and after a deliberation with another member of equally unsure member of staff i was charged the lower rate £11. Halfords? NO! Bargain-o-rama ;)

How do I sleep at night?

Horlicks :)

ask at halfords about it and the pleb at the desk just looked at me and then looked at me a bit more and after about five mins grunted "dont know what your on about" :clap:

I have not even got mine yet!

Prices coming soon and will be added to the site ASAP.

BTW Bit cheecky but I have just upgraded my website and would like some feedback on what people think of it as the old one was not very professional looking.

http://car-shine.co.uk

Thanks

Carl

I would like a full sill kit

I fitted the sill covers today.

Cleaned the sills off with Back to Black and polished then applied the film. Job took about 15 so not too work intensive.

Prices will be £57.50 + £2.50 delivery.

And now covered:

post-914-1170339209.jpg

post-914-1170339219.jpg

post-914-1170339353.jpg

post-914-1170339381.jpg

Archived