litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Online Gaming

jeffers

Following on from the other thread, it seems there's quite a few gamers on here. Anyone fancy a regular (weekly maybe) online bashing from fellow MLOCers? Could do something PC based (eg BF1942/Quake/whatever) or, if there's enough of us, Xbox games - Forza, PGR etc.

Anyone?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Following on from the other thread, it seems there's quite a few gamers on here. Anyone fancy a regular (weekly maybe) online bashing from fellow MLOCers? Could do something PC based (eg BF1942/Quake/whatever) or, if there's enough of us, Xbox (not 360) games - Forza, PGR etc.

Anyone?

Up for some BF2 (PC)

Zebedee, to reply to your post in the other thread,

2142 is Superb, yes conquest mode is the same as BF2, except with new future stuff, but the new TITAN mode is excellent, get some good battles both ground and in the titan.

I actually dont think i could go back to BF2 now, 2142 just feels like it plays better all round, the game seems totally balanced, no over powering PKM's etc, everything has a counter, even the Double Hard walkers can be taken down fairly quick if you have the right members in the squad.

2142 also MAKES you play in squads, well it is geared to squads better than playing on your own, if you are in squads you can score more points, and you can get rewarded by haveing FIELD UNLOCKS, which basically allow you to have a temporary unlock for the duration of your stay on that server, its a good feature as it allows you to try out unlocks that you might want to get in the future..

another cool feature is the Buddy list, it allows you to instantly see your mates online, see what server they are on, and join them on that server (usually putting you on to the same team).

As for the Adverts, they havent really turned them on yet, they are testing them at the moment with some 2142 based recruitment posters, And to be honest you dont really notice them that much anyway, its not like i've been destracted looking at an Ad and been killed, they are very subtle..and people have already discovered which ports to block on your firewalls anyway if they do become a problem.

Anyone that has played BF2 for any time will instantly be able to play 2142 and enjoy it, anyone new to the BF series will also love 2142 IMO.

My game name is Wuddie, in both bf2 and 2142 although i doubt you will ever see me online in bf2 again.

What server do you guys go on? I think i'll be buying 2142 in the next week or so, i'll try and pay you a visit.

Same to the guys still on BF2. Post you server details if you can remember them

I use the CPT server, cant remember the ip at the mo.

The single player option is vastly improved in 2142 over the BF2 single player mode, the ai in 2142 is much better. so Dl'ing a copy might be ok, but like dixie says getting the demo is probably better.

Dixie

with 2142 you dont need to rely on your mate telling you what server he is on, you just add your buddys game name in to your buddy list, this then tells you when they are online, what server they are on and gives you the option to join them on that server.

so any of you that have 2142 if you add your game name to this thread ill add you as a buddy.

BF2 here please,

or demo only BF2142 (a bit lame I know)

What server do u guys play on? Have u met up yet?

My connection is so variable, I often end up on a 32player infantry server, but just depends, my ping can vary 30's to unplayable. Don't know why.

Just unlocked the G3 (taken all the other guns first) boy it stops em dead! Bang Bang!

Looking forward to forming the MLOC squad soon!

I play a lot of PC games (don't own a console) and I'm in a clan from another car forum which used to play a lot of BF2. We all bought our own server for BF2 and some other games from Multiplay. We actually prefer Operation Flashpoint more than anything, but we're waiting for the new Armed Assault to come out before buying our own server again.

I'd be up for a game of something, maybe BF2 though I got a bit tired of it. I was at Gunnery Sergeant when I stopped playing, never play as anything other than a Combat Engineer (that's my forte).

must admit bf 2142 is fantastic

word of warning

Dont start on world of warcraft you will loose you wife, job and concept of the real world

I agree - been playing a lot lately - wife in China, between contracts and wrong time of year to get new one..

problem is... the wife is back now & I can't play anymore! I'm getting withdrawel symptoms...

Archived