litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

God Flippin', Damn, Hell, Blazes, Aaargh!

GreyKnight

I'm starting to get paranoid that somebody's got it in for me! :angry:

Got up this morning and decided to use my freshly serviced freshly re-tyred, freshly geo'd, freshly brake disc'd, freshly everything'd Elise to go to work.

Walk out to the car and....wait a minute, there's a big twig stuck in my rear wheel arch, I'll just pull it out and throw it away. No chance. The big twig is attached to a big thorn which is securely embedded in my absolutely brand new rear Advan :angry::tup::blink::tup: Looking at the thorn on the other end of the twig the one that's in my tyre is about an inch and a half long and 5mm wide! :(

Why did my dear old dad just HAVE to go and get the hedge cutter to come round this week? Why can't he just leave the bl00dy hedges alone??? Every time the hedges are cut I get a puncture, literally EVERY time! It happened last year on my Leon, it happened twice earlier this year on my Mondeo (resulting in a new set of front tyres being required) and now this!

If the flippin tyre centre gives me the old "It's too near to the edge you'll need a new tyre" I might just decapitate myself...

/rant over, and breathe....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks chaps. Thankfully the tyre centre repaired the tyre. Still another £15 I could do without spending this month...

Alternatively, pour a gallon of diesel around the trunks of each bush. An undetectable and slow-mo way of ensuring your Dad won't have to get the headeg trimmer round next season. He'll not know what casued them to shrivel up and die with no warning!

Please note, the views expressed in this post are not those of the author, and the acts described above have never been exercised by the author.........(except for once 15 years ago when I wreaked revenge on a cheating boyfriend - he never found the wheels off his car either when he came home to find it on bricks...)

Alternatively, pour a gallon of diesel around the trunks of each bush. An undetectable and slow-mo way of ensuring your Dad won't have to get the headeg trimmer round next season. He'll not know what casued them to shrivel up and die with no warning!

Please note, the views expressed in this post are not those of the author, and the acts described above have never been exercised by the author.........(except for once 15 years ago when I wreaked revenge on a cheating boyfriend - he never found the wheels off his car either when he came home to find it on bricks...)

I honestly can't beleive you did that Sonya! :)

Surely if it had been you, you would have flicked a match into the petrol afterwards! :lol:

Archived