litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Having A Car That Wont Hold Idle...

MattyB

Is certainly good practice for heel + toeing.

Not that I've got the hang of it mind :D Its either too little throttle or too much right now...seems to be easiest when your not wearing any shoes. Also, any passengers think you don't know what your doing because of over revving while shifting down or slamming on the brakes.

And trying to explain H&T to anyone is like trying to explain the offside rule to a bird.

On a side note, I had a wave of a silver VX220 driver today. Which was nice.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been trying to heel and toe [on quite stretches of road u understand] not sure my technique is all that, but having long legs and size 12s could be hampering me...

Its a very difficult technique to learn, but I'm not sure if there is any real point on anything but the track. I'm just messing around with it, to be honest. See what all the fuss is about...

Not necessarily, if you H&T you can change gear later and smoother thus not unsettling the car and being able to carry more speed through the bends....

I actually learnt how to do it whilst doing my IAM.... you can change down just as you approach the apex rather than changing down, approaching, turning etc.... if you H&T the car doesn't jerk around under"clutch down" so you don't have to worry about spinning off into the surroundings.... certainly wouldn't want to get it wrong though!

Archived