litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Induction Kit ?

LIVY

Hi All

it's my birthday today and I'm planning to spend my cash treating my S1.

Planning on an induction kit.

I have a stainless exhaust from eliseparts which is the complete system from the manifold back and would like to make the car even more tunefull.

Any suggestions or experiences with the hurricane & or the ITG systems.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Cheers

Livy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Hurricane induction with a Janspeed mild steel exhaust on my Standard S1.

I've just had my de-cat added to (or the cat removed from) my car and !! DAMN !! is it loud.

And it suddenly seems to have freed the engine to improve acceleration between 5 and 7K

...And I've got a SS Roadsport to fit over the weekend as well.

Anyone got any earplugs ?

Oh and...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY LIVVY !!!! :clap:

Thanks Guys

What a result...... I have just read all your posts and decided on the Hurricane...one onto Eliseparts and they have 5% discounted on everything.......Bought loads.....and free delivery as well.

What a result can't wait to put them on.

Cheers All

& thanks Gerags for the Happy Birthday

Livy

Thanks Guys

What a result...... I have just read all your posts and decided on the Hurricane...one onto Eliseparts and they have 5% discounted on everything.......Bought loads.....and free delivery as well.

What a result can't wait to put them on.

Cheers All

& thanks Gerags for the Happy Birthday

Livy

u will enjoy the hurricane, a good choice! i have one on my s1 along with the eliseparts s/s exhaust, and i think it sounds good. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I replaced my ITG with a BMC carbon dynamics airbox, Its a load better and it was half the price

Hi - I have an s2 111R - when you say "better" what/why?? Also I was wondering - is the ITG (or the BMC) really noisy or just a "nicer" sound?

Thanks

the BMC filter is actually quieter :) it seems to flow better than the ITG

also I have never liked foam filters, they get filled with shit loads quicker than cotton gauze

I'm not sure about the toyota engines though! isn't it a little more complicated replacing the induction, than on a k?

Archived