litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

"midlands Elises Wanted" ?

MattyB

My downppipe went on friday.

not easy to sort. new one is about 130 quid then about 50 quid to fit. ring brucey at ragtop - he might have one

its really not nice when it goes completely. get it done sooner rather than later.

steve

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did anything exciting happen after I left at approx 12:45?

Sounds like the article will either appear in Car magazine or a still-secret new publication.

Better than a day in the office, even if much of the time was spent standing in the rain!

Graeme

Yeah - they let us all drive round the track a few times, then we all had a go in the Ferrari - shame you missed it really :P

Seriously, not much else happened - some guys turned up to test a new Triumph bike with a 2.3 litre engine and I had a go in Simon's (Maidstones) S1 Honda conversion - where did I put that cheque book?? :D

See you at Donnington!

Crash

I can't believe it!!!

Not even a week offline and I miss this, would have absolutely loved it i'm sooo jealous of you all!

You didnt really miss much!

Did anyone notice how most the Z3 drivers had a good look at our Elises but don't think any of us bothered to look at theirs :D

Were a nice buch of blokes though!

its about 130 for a stainless one. the standard ones are more expensive apparently!

sorry i missed you lads - i had an urgent meeting in london so decided to stay down. had an evening in the Hilton which was quite good fun! i wish i could have had a go in the ferrari. gutted!

steve

It was worth the drive just to watch the Z3 drivers trying to get in and out of our elise's. Oh and watching Graeme's donuts! Hope to see all you guys at the next run.

Bailey

NOw putting 2 and 2 together here... Beefcake HAD a 111S and now has an Exige... he said he took all the performance parts off it... i seem to recall he had a performance downpipe. May be worth an ask????

Nope, mine was shot as well so had to replace/upgrade it and thus also left it on the car.

The Hilton was very nice. Worth going just to have the guy with the top nhat open the taxi door!!! didnt stay there though - had to rough it at the Travel Lodge!

Archived