litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Correct Cornering Method...

MattyB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up for this too.... what date though, just to be sure? 7th May??

Matty, Kris etc... tempted for alternatives in case we need others?

What cost is the day between 4?

1. Bend approaching - progressive braking, slotting down the gears, for extra engine braking.

Slotting down the gears is bad there Matty, you should brake with the brakes and select the correct gear at the correct moment (you'll know when this is) if you use the gears to slow down you run the risk of unbalancing the car and locking up the wheels in extreme cases... so not a good plan!

Oh go on then, I'm up for 4th June. Can feel myself losing any sense of how to drive already... :bangin:

Mike - will you book it and then let us know? Got a horrible feeling that I'm going to end up arguing with a Welsh bloke about how I really do know you and yes, I know it's not under the name Foley again.

For anyone who's not done a 1st lotus day before, recommend a four person day since the actual driving and hooning about can be quite knackering and both you and the car could do with more of a rest than you get on a two person day.

Now I just have to make sure that I don't bitch my car up before going to Le Mans.

Kristian :(

Scott - I stayed over last time in the travel lodge or holiday inn express or whatever the hell it was last time, which was fine. Getting down there is OK but getting down the A14 which was the route I went might be an arse at rush hour. Speed camera heaven as well. Mike didn't stay over last time and set out early but was late (nice bit of grassing up there). Don't know if I'll stay over this time or not. Already taking about ten days off in June for Le Mans and getting over Le Mans... :D

Best tip is to get Mike to pay and then pretend you don't know him I reckon Scott. :P Actually you usually have to ring before and speak to someone on the blower to confirm the booking, done individually so any idea of scamming Mike won't work. Boo! :D

Good plan Kris, not paying for it would make the day even better!

Surely if you go down the night before you won't have to take an extra day off?????? Probably my plan if anyone else is planning on then that makes it cheaper!

Archived