All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. R5K

River in my boot!!!

If its not a steep slope, hard to tell of the Pic, if you went on a bit further and then reverse back onto some caravan type leveling ramps to raise the rear end up to level? Something like this: on mine ths issue isn't the holes in your picture its the ones at the front corner (large arrow) and the water pools at the back (small arrow). Mine only leaks if i open the boot that I've noticed after cleaning but it lives in a garage. My drive slopes upto the garage.
  4. Jonathan E

River in my boot!!!

As said above nose up is the issue, the drain holes for the boot are way back in the engine bay, water slowly fills from the rear of the boot channel and overflows into the boot. S1’s have a pipe fixed to the channel over the boot, the pipe runs down through the boot floor and the water drains away, unless you knock the pipe off while loading luggage and then the water just drains straight into the boot🙄. Lotus reintroduced the pipe system on early 111r’s but had problems with the paint bubbling on the rear clam where the drain pipe was fixed and so did away with it. A lightweight cover will solve the problem, or tarmac the parking space and reverse in👍 Its another little idiosyncrasy of Lotus ownership, it’s why we all love them so much🤔🤣
  5. The Cakes

River in my boot!!!

Probably not helping but as above have said it will be nose up, rear down the main culprit.
  6. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

I have had a look this morning and guessing the holes are for the drainage but rubber seal has a massive slit in it which can't be helping, think I will need to put some sealant on it and around the plastic screws too
  7. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

I can't mate, the back wheels just spin and spit stones everywhere
  8. The Cakes

River in my boot!!!

Just reverse it on 👍🏻 Jobs a 🥕
  9. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

Sorry for the poor picture, taken from my ring doorbell
  10. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

Issue I have is that I have to park nose up. Its on a stone drive and is deep at the top so if I park ass up the back wheels just digs in and buries itself 😔 Need to find a fix for this somehow
  11. R5K

River in my boot!!!

I have issues if I park nose up, the drains are at the front of the boot back of the engine bay, if the nose is up hill the water just sits in the lip when you open the boot it goes in.
  12. Last week
  13. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

Thanks will do, do you have have a picture of where the drain holes are? Also when you say seal them, can you do it with that black rubber sealant stuff you can buy from halfords? Yeah I might have to buy a less powerful pressure washer 😔
  14. The Cakes

River in my boot!!!

Check the drain holes aren’t blocked and check the plastic rivets/heads that hold the grilles on and seal them. These were known to leak water into the boot. Could be from overzealous cleaning 😉
  15. Neilshannon27

River in my boot!!!

Evening all, I have had my lovely lotus for nearly a month now but for 2 and a half weeks of my ownership I have been on holiday. So its been a while since she's been washed and as it's been a lovely summer evening I though I would give her a nice wash ready for the lovely weekend weather we are planned to have (first time I have washed her) . Only issue is after cleaning the car I took the hardtop off and thought I would put the soft top on which was in the boot. As I went to get it out it was soaking wet. Then realised the carpet was all wet too. So I took the carpet out to hang on the washing line and then removed the foam too as that look like it was full of water which is when I saw a river or water just sitting there, took ages to get it all out with an old drying cloth. Now some background the car is not garaged and sits on an incline driveway, bonnet up boot down if that makes sense. Is this a common thing? Is there a fix? Not sure if it's from washing her this evening (most likely) or it has been building up while sitting on the drive while I was away with all the rain that we have had the last 3 weeks. Any advise on how to fix, what/where to look would be greatly appreciated Thanks
  16. Lotus Evija, the world’s most powerful production car, made its public debut in Monterey this week as thousands of fans flocked to the electric hypercar’s reveal North America’s excited reception of the first all-electric British hypercar, resulted in strong double-figure orders being taken, and most of the initial production for the US market now allocated to customers (Monterey, California – 19 August 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its public debut at the world-renowned Monterey Car Week, which drew to a close at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on Sunday. Evija received plaudits from across the automotive world at Car Week, from the likes of high profile collector Jay Leno, social media star Supercar Blondie and the Petersen Automotive Museum Checkered Flag 200, gaining many new fans, friends and customers along the way. Gordon McCall, Director of Motorsports for The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, said: “Seeing the Lotus Evija debut at The Quail was fantastic – the brand has an amazing history and it is exciting to see its future unfold with the first of its new sports cars.” Lotus Cars’ CEO, Phil Popham, added: “This is exactly the start we hoped for. Evija is an outstanding and exceptional car – designed and engineered to put Lotus back on the map as the innovator and technical leader that it is. Many orders are now taken, giving us great confidence to hit our planned volume as we enter production next year.” A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.
  17. Lotus Evija, the world’s most powerful production car, made its public debut in Monterey this week as thousands of fans flocked to the electric hypercar’s reveal North America’s excited reception of the first all-electric British hypercar, resulted in strong double-figure orders being taken, and most of the initial production for the US market now allocated to customers (Monterey, California – 19 August 2019) – The all-new Lotus Evija hypercar has made its public debut at the world-renowned Monterey Car Week, which drew to a close at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance on Sunday. Evija received plaudits from across the automotive world at Car Week, from the likes of high profile collector Jay Leno, social media star Supercar Blondie and the Petersen Automotive Museum Checkered Flag 200, gaining many new fans, friends and customers along the way. Gordon McCall, Director of Motorsports for The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, said: “Seeing the Lotus Evija debut at The Quail was fantastic – the brand has an amazing history and it is exciting to see its future unfold with the first of its new sports cars.” Lotus Cars’ CEO, Phil Popham, added: “This is exactly the start we hoped for. Evija is an outstanding and exceptional car – designed and engineered to put Lotus back on the map as the innovator and technical leader that it is. Many orders are now taken, giving us great confidence to hit our planned volume as we enter production next year.” A technical tour de force, the Evija is illustrative of the innovative thinking and ingenuity that has always been part of the Lotus DNA. With a target output of 2000 PS, it is the world’s most powerful series production road car. It has been designed and engineered in the UK, and will be produced at Hethel, UK, the home of Lotus since 1966. Exclusivity is guaranteed, with production limited to a maximum of 130 cars.
  18. Neilshannon27

Need guidance

Thanks mate, it's an S2 2004 rover engine
  19. Lithopsian

ebay Workshop Manual

Look closer and it says "Model 2001 Year Onwards", but that was printed by Lotus before there was any Toyota version. I can see the confusion, I have this version and I know it doesn't address the Toyota engined cars, but I don't see that the eBay listing is misleading. Grammatically shocking and probably infringing copyright, though.
  20. Lithopsian

Need guidance

S1 or S2? In the footwell, might be best to just run direct to the fusebox/battery. Or skip the fusebox and fuse it inline. I'm guessing you need to much current to piggy-back on an existing feed. Access from the rear to the front is usually through the centre tunnel, but you do have a fat unfused 12V supply at the starter solenoid. Or did you want something from the ignition? Earthing in the rear can be done to the engine block, gearbox, or direct to the chassis. Good opportunity to clean up the earth strap.
  21. stockhome

ebay Workshop Manual

I have a original lotus one in a binder. And i also have k series s2
  22. russelld

ebay Workshop Manual

It does say 2001 model year on the cover which indicates K series cars, not easy to spot though
  23. Neilshannon27

Need guidance

also, where is the best place for a good ground on the car for the sub amp please?
  24. kieranexige

Back with a bang...

Hahaha yes I remember that one well, it was a rolling test bed for the evija, thank god I can now talk about it. Battery life was abysmal though.
  25. Neilshannon27

Need guidance

wow was hoping there would be an easier way of doing it but thanks for the guidance. haven't got access to a workshop ramp so will have to figure out the best way to do it! I'm sure I've read somewhere you can run the wires by removing the rear wheel arch cover but can't find it again now
  26. nickashton

Need guidance

I have done this with a DAB antenna cable. I lifted the car and removed the rear under tray. You can then access the car into the centre console. Takes a bit of time but is ok to do. I used a workshop ramp to lift the car. Hope this helps. Nick
  27. Caligarinet

ebay Workshop Manual

👍🏻 I was going to say the same, although I have it in PDF format. How many S2 K Series do we have in Midlands Lotus? (Sry, thread hijack)
  28. Neilshannon27

Need guidance

Evening all, Need to run some wires from the boot into the car for rear view camera and power leads for foot well sub. I'm sure a few on here have already completed this and was wondering if anyone can offer best route to go down or if you could point me in the direction of a guide please? Thanks all!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use