Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Time Left: 2 months and 28 days

• FOR SALE
    • NEW

Brand new ordered from hangar 111 a month ago to be fitted accidentally ordered a duplicate amount hence this one being for sale! As it is now past the returns date.

£110

- GB

3. Today
  4. So my plastic trim was starting to look a bit weathered. I know the back to black stuff works to a degree, but the Auto Glym Bumper and Trim gel is super. Did the front, side and rear grilles. AND the headlight edges were looking poor and aged. Thought I may have to re paint, costs a fortune to get them done properly, but the Auto Glym made them look fabulous! Barely see the worst of it now...... Well pleased with the results..... P.S drag and drop make the images download, dont know how Badger/others embeds them in the chat!! IMG_4151.HEICIMG_4128.HEICIMG_4136.HEICIMG_4137.HEICIMG_4141.HEICIMG_4142.HEICIMG_4145.HEICIMG_4146.HEIC
  5. It's alive, and clean(ish) 😊
  6. Sounded bloody lovely!! Not sure it would get past trackday noise limits though!!! Anyone got one fitted to their Exige? Is it as good as it sounds?
  7. Thanks for the responses gents! It is very much appreciated 🙌 Do like the solution you have there Johnathan. Think I'll have to order some 3M stuff this weekend and give it a go Thanks, Iowan
  8. Nexen are a ‘budget tyre’ - no doubt ‘aspirational’. You see them heavily promoted at most tyre places. I was told at the Burton Pirelli centre, the main thing will all tyres is as they age the compound’s chemical make up changes, more so when outside and exposed to uv etc. You can have plenty of physical tread but in wet or cold conditions on summer spec tyres the grip is drastically reduced. We did of course question that - IE tyres are 7 years old with 5mm all round and you want to sell us new ones ! I’ve personally experienced the difference on my normal car when I had to fit the full size spare tyre. It was as new as never previously used but 15 years old, it was awful.
  9. Evija X laps the Nürburgring NordschleifeView the full article
  10. The Lotus Evija X. Make it fastView the full article
  11. South Korean and used to be fitted as standard to new Kia vehicles not sure if they still are, no idea about the performance limitations.
  12. Anyone heard of NEXEN tyres? My spider senses are tingling and not in a good way!!!! BTW I’m not thinking of fitting any but saw a car with a set fitted. First thought was they’d have to be changed!!!
  13. Yesterday
  14. I’ve already spotted this!! You’re right, it’s a peach of a car. The seats are a bit special too. Only issue is it’s in the IOW so a bit of a logistical challenge!! I’m starting to lean towards a V6 Exige again 🙄. I went to see one on Monday which was a cracker but I’m not sure I’ll get the price down to where I want it!! Never hurts to try though.
  15. Which emission level do you think is out of range? And what Cat is fitted ie: std, sports, none?!
  16. Last week
  17. I doff my hat to you Badger!! Super impressive project to follow from start to finish. I hope to see the car out and about over the summer. 👏
  18. Rear grilles derusted and given a lick of paint. Now only to replace the front licence plate as it has a crack in it, properly attach the boot drain hose to the drain pipe, then clean the car, then wait for the geo next week and road tests thereafter
  19. Time Left: 2 months and 26 days

• FOR SALE
    • USED

This has come off my S2 Elise (1ZZ) as I fitted a bigger one. Free to a good home but will have to be collected. Bung a few quid in a charity box of your choice to keep the karma flowing if you like. 👍

£1

, Derbyshire

20. Apologies for the crappy pic but this is my diy solution, 3mm polycarbonate and 3M trim tape. I just traced the shape of the spoiler front ears then shaped the polycarbonate to match. They're set back by a couple of mm so you can't see them unless you're looking from underneath. I doubt it will save any catastrophic impact but it does a good job protecting against road scrapes. On the down side it effectively lowers the front buy a few mm, but on the up side, it works, plus they're cheap and easy to replace 👍
  21. Something like this might be what you are looking for......... https://alias23.com/collections/exige-s3-v6-all-products/products/lotus-exige-s3-sliplo-front-splitter-guard
  22. Hello everyone, It has been a while since I've made a post. It's finally that time of year that the car is coming out more frequently and for some reason I seem to have back luck with my front splitter. I was wondering if fellow or ex Elise Cup owners could shed some light onto how you manage to keep the splitter in good nick? It's a little deflating when it bottoms out or hits something and you step out the car and see the damage. Any suggestions welcome 🙂, Iowan
  23. And booked into my local garage who have a hunter geo machine and a mechanic who I trust on Tuesday next week.
  24. And so the end is nigh. Both front wheelarches and fuse box fitted this evening.
  25. I popped up there last week due to a problem with my dampers. I’ve never had any issues getting in touch with them. They do have some odd working hours which maybe the issue. I’ve always found Dave and the guys at Bilstein really easy to deal with both over the phone and in person. They also been happy to advise how to do certain jobs as DIY tasks rather than sending in the dampers. All in all top group.
  26. This teaser video is now on YouTube so feel free to share the link
  27. Ordered. Its going to take a couple of weeks to arrive, SJS get it from Lotus anyway. Ill pop a pic up once its fitted.....
  28. Remaining stuff on my to do list is: fit both front wheelarches fit the fuse box to the front passenger wheelarch fit the grills on the front and rear give the car a good clean a geo setup at my local garage road tests to see if everything is working as it should be so end of April is my target for everything except the road tests
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use