All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Mutley00

Anyone live in Coventry?

Yeah but the train terminates in Matlock Fish and that's a hell of a walk to Coventry!
  3. Yesterday
  4. MrWill

The Lotus Factory

... I have no idea: Apparently it's like a server, but it sits on your desk and not 'in the cloud'?
  5. John FISH Curtis

Anyone live in Coventry?

I hear there is secure parking at Peak Rail near Matlock this Sunday. Won't cost more than £10 😉
  6. Mutley00

Anyone live in Coventry?

We are coming to The Ricoh this Sunday 23rd June for The Manics and Bon Jovi. Can anyone recommend a decent B&B or failing that, tips on where to park and walk/taxi/bus so I dont get ripped off £25 by the robbing b******s at the stadium? Thanks, Andrew
  7. Thank You  If you are concerned that you have not received your tickets then don't panic - there aren't any tickets! It works like this - after the bookings close on this Sunday (16th) at midnight the LitP team springs into action and collates all of the booking information into lists of participants, what route and what pace each person has booked, + extras such as raffle tickets, BBQ, picnic. As you can imagine this takes some time. On Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on how quick we are!) we send an email to every participant with details (in list form) of the route start, the start time, what group you are in etc. All the information you need will be in the email but of course we can only send you this email if your email address is on your profile. If we don't have your email address then check out this thread - we will post the same information on here. When you arrive for the start of the run on Sunday morning (or at Peak Rail if you are not doing a run) you will recieve a welcome pack which will contain (amongst other things) your raffle tickets and picnic voucher, IF you have booked them. Please Note Breakfast orders are to be paid for at Hassop Station Café on collection. If you want to check yourself what you have ordered you can do so here https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/clients/purchases/ Finally, don't worry, provided you turn up at the right place and on time we will be waiting for you and all will be OK Watch this thread folks and check your emails Cheers The LitP team. 2:39 Just to add you need the following setting enabled to allow us to send you the email, otherwise you will need to read it here. To check the setting go to: https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/notifications/options/
  8. soldave

If you didn't drive a lotus......

I'd probably have my old Evo back from when I lived in Japan. Bought it when it was about to be junked, then spent 6 months getting it running right and over double that building it up. When work changed and I had to move back to the UK I had to part it out. A very sad time, as it was such good fun to drive 😟
  9. Last week
  10. Simon Brough

The Lotus Factory

Rollodex ? And I'm no spring chicken.
  11. NightHaunter666

Tyre help please

Yep I have the 205 AD08R on the front of mine, slight rubbing on absolute full lock, otherwise they're great.
  12. pa28pilot

Drivers seat

Speaking as one of those with the benefit of having the modification fitted, I can vouch for its effectiveness - with a caveat. The rocking is completely eliminated, but at the expense of losing the very smooth fore/aft slide action; seat adjustment becomes quite stiff when compared with unmodified seat runners. I would also advise caution if attempting to fabricate the spring insert. If it breaks in-situ, you may jamb the seat slide - which could make subsequent removal of the seat very difficult. Lotus took considerable time developing the fix and in selection of the most appropriate material for the job. It’s down to personal choice, but given the potential cost of resolving a failed DIY job (remembering that seat security is a serious safetly consideration), I’d be inclined to be safe a spend the relatively modest cost in obtaining the official part. If nothing else, this might potentially have implications for insurance.
  13. MrWill

The Lotus Factory

FYI: Just been speaking to a nice bloke called Dave...who happens to make body parts and panels for the Elise S1 and original Elan www.thelotusfactory.co.uk Anyway might be a good one to put in the rollodex if either of those are your ride of choice
  14. RichEuropaS

Europa S Owners.

Lotus Europa S/SE 121- Owners group -LEO Group Sent a link on your other post too... we have all the information and know how... come and join the gang...
  15. RichEuropaS

Europa S 2007 Upgrades

Andy, For Europa S advice you are best asking on our Europa S Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotus.europa/ Lotus Europa S/SE 121- Owners group -LEO Group Richard
  16. Caligarinet

S2 K Series - Bleed Screw

I’d say M5x1.0x10 as an estimate. trying to find a tapered head M5 bolt and an M5 copper washer was proving difficult, so glad she found the original
  17. Lithopsian

Go on then ... M6x1.0x how long?
  18. Caligarinet

Found it!! Well rather my girlfriend found it....result.
  19. Wonder if it would catch this sort of thing.....
  20. Caligarinet

Cheers mate, much appreciated.
  21. I cannot see how these will work. How will the camera know the noise it is picking up is entirely from one car and not a combination of many cars or other unrelated noises such as planes, screeching tyres, music etc? So I assume the first step if you get caught would be to get an official measurement at an MOT station? At which point you've put your quiet exhaust back on? Hoping this is just scare tactics. Although the Saxo boys with their straight through systems driving like twats through the towns at 11pm waking all the kids up do need a slap. They're better off putting a noise limit on at unsocialable hours and just let the BIB police it with DB meters. Then they can tackle the nuisance areas.
  22. russelld

If you can wait until tomorrow afternoon I'll have a measure & let you know . Russ
  23. Caligarinet

Anyone know what size the engine side coolant bleed screw is? (S2 K Series) or where to source one? In a rush this morning, had to bleed some air out of the system and lost the bolt!! managed to find a short capped head bolt to block the hole, but don’t want to torque up in case it’s too long and I strip the threads. Thanks Paul
  24. The Cakes

Europa S 2007 Upgrades

I don’t think they’re worth the premium over Nitron Street series for example. Do you mainly use the car on the road? If so don’t bother paying nearly £1500!
  25. I doubt this will effect most of us, a V6 Exige or S Audi is not quiet but passes the noise tests when new. Even with an after market exhaust it’s probably only a problem if you gun it. However, my neighbour has a Harley bike. When he starts it my dog runs for cover and shakes, on a Sunday morning it’s a rude awakening. I’d be quite pleased if he had to put the baffles back in his exhaust. Bigger worry is all the lane tracking and collision avoidance that is to be mandated. It always worries me that the “easier” it is to drive a car the less attention the driver is paying. Mandating these will encourage people like the muppet beside me in a Telsa a few weeks ago, clearly on driver assist and doing email on his laptop, on his lap.
  26. MrCoola

Had a close encounter with the Rev limiter

Yep at least 3 times.
  27. pa28pilot

Had a close encounter with the Rev limiter

Oops. You might also consider that your ECU will have “logged” your RPM overspeed events.
  28. Per title, we now have Noise Cameras to consider on public highways. https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/not-aloud-new-cameras-to-catch-noisy-motorists I guess that has implications for those running non-standard (or “custom”) exhaust systems which may not, nominally, meet EU and UK noise limits.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use