litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Rs 42 pads are my first choice, bit dead when cold but always stop! They can rattle in the brake callipers when hot which sounds like they are eating the discs. Eliseparts sell rubber brake buffers which fix the problem for a few pounds.
  3. They have always been good pads the Pagids, I had them on my VX220 back in the day. I'm hoping the Ferodo DS2500s aren't far off but we shall see.
  4. A week or so on, and really like the braking feel now. The squeal as about to stop has gone too.
  5. Speakers and pods reinstalled. You do need to give the pods a bit of a whack with the palm of your hand to persuade them to get into the right position
  6. Last week
  7. DeanB

Lakes District

The scenery is unreal. It will blow you away. Wasdale is ridiculously beautiful. If you get time to have a swim in Waswater even better - although it needs to be a bloody hot day unless you have a suit! Have a great trip 😊
  8. Pete_72

Lakes District

Nice 1 guys, I have the route from hotel in Glenridding to hotel in Lakeside. Hoping to do the 90 miles from Glenridding to Wasdale before 1pm, with a pit stop in Buttermere. Scenery looks absolutely stunning can't wait!
  9. Here we go A Fantastic prize Donated for this years 'Lotus in the Peak' Raffle an 'A' Service or equivalent for your Lotus by Gav at Unit4 , Gav has supported 'Lotus in the Peak for many years , and is always there to help any Lotus owner. Thanks Gav for information of this years Event Please follow the link below https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/litpbooking/
  10. Make sure you go into the lakes via Kirkstone pass, it’s a good route to Ambleside etc. Steamer trip from Glen Ridding is always good and walk back.
  11. DSTOR

Lakes District

You’ll not be disappointed with that route. 👍🏻 Wasdale Head Inn is nice too, we got married at St Olaf’s, the little church at Wasdale Head and had our reception at the Inn. Owt else you want to know drop me a line.
  12. Pete_72

Lakes District

Nice 1 guys TY, its either the Bower House Inn or the Wasdale Head Inn. I was thinking about Hardknott / Wrynose but I swapped them for Wasdale Head and Aushtwaite Brow. The roads all link up better now. Cheers.
  13. DeanB

Lakes District

I second The Bower House at Eskdale. Lovely inn and the food is excellent. Nice garden too.
  14. DSTOR

Lakes District

The Boot Inn at Boot is terrific as is The Bower House Inn at Eskdale Green. If you’re in Keswick and like a nice Italian, Casa Bella is my pick, bloody lovely. Hardknott and Wrynose (they link Eskdale and Langdale) …. Just too steep, too narrow and the road surface is pretty dreadful. If you do want to do it, fair play…… go very early, by mid morning it will be clogged up with terrified people who cannot drive, but social media has suggested to them that it’s a cool trip to do. 🙄
  15. Pete_72

Lakes District

TY, Wasdale looks really nice, can U reccommend the pub for lunch? Also on Hardknott / Wrynose can you say why its no fun? Cheers
  16. DSTOR

Lakes District

Know most of them pretty well. I would avoid Hardknott / Wrynose Pass like the plague……. No fun whatsoever. Honister and Newlands would be a good route. And the Aushtwaite Brow road over the fells from Dunnerdale over to Eskdale is pretty special. Take a trip up to Wasdale Head but please don’t tell anyone about it, don’t want it over run with folk. 😝
  17. Guido

Ha! One particular colleague calls me John Major because my car is so grey!!
  18. Jackf

Your workmates must have some lairy stuff if that’s the case! Look forward to seeing what you get.
  19. Rear clam is back on, and so on the way to being back on the road 😊
  20. Thanks, I'll bear that in mind for the future, and thanks for the offer, but as they're ok now, I'll leave them be
  21. Hey Badger You could try some stainless mikalor hose clamps. Much better than standard. If you're interested and know what size you need I could always have a look and post a couple out to you if I have any. PM me if that's of any use 👍
  22. Oakman

One for you Jack, My S1 in Nautilus Blue - which is rich dark green in sunlight and very deep blue in the shade.
  23. And finally managed to stop the coolant leak. The jubilee clips on the heater hose pipes need to be screwed up very tight.
  24. Guido

Jack, When the chaps at work first saw my Elise I got ripped a new one because it was too bland!!! 🤣 My next Lotus will be a bright colour!!! I’ve narrowed my choice down to 3 and Jack certainly wouldn’t like 2 of them. Subtle they are not!!!!
  25. Not sure it's actually required but as I had a spare roll, covered the underside of the boot with heat reflector tape
  26. LRS7

Errrrmm ! I believe I’ve got first dibs on the cup 😆
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use