litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Apologies for the crappy pic but this is my diy solution, 3mm polycarbonate and 3M trim tape. I just traced the shape of the spoiler front ears then shaped the polycarbonate to match. They're set back by a couple of mm so you can't see them unless you're looking from underneath. I doubt it will save any catastrophic impact but it does a good job protecting against road scrapes. On the down side it effectively lowers the front buy a few mm, but on the up side, it works, plus they're cheap and easy to replace 👍
  3. Something like this might be what you are looking for......... https://alias23.com/collections/exige-s3-v6-all-products/products/lotus-exige-s3-sliplo-front-splitter-guard
  4. Hello everyone, It has been a while since I've made a post. It's finally that time of year that the car is coming out more frequently and for some reason I seem to have back luck with my front splitter. I was wondering if fellow or ex Elise Cup owners could shed some light onto how you manage to keep the splitter in good nick? It's a little deflating when it bottoms out or hits something and you step out the car and see the damage. Any suggestions welcome 🙂, Iowan
  5. Yesterday
  6. And booked into my local garage who have a hunter geo machine and a mechanic who I trust on Tuesday next week.
  7. And so the end is nigh. Both front wheelarches and fuse box fitted this evening.
  8. I popped up there last week due to a problem with my dampers. I’ve never had any issues getting in touch with them. They do have some odd working hours which maybe the issue. I’ve always found Dave and the guys at Bilstein really easy to deal with both over the phone and in person. They also been happy to advise how to do certain jobs as DIY tasks rather than sending in the dampers. All in all top group.
  9. This teaser video is now on YouTube so feel free to share the link
  10. Ordered. Its going to take a couple of weeks to arrive, SJS get it from Lotus anyway. Ill pop a pic up once its fitted.....
  11. Remaining stuff on my to do list is: fit both front wheelarches fit the fuse box to the front passenger wheelarch fit the grills on the front and rear give the car a good clean a geo setup at my local garage road tests to see if everything is working as it should be so end of April is my target for everything except the road tests
  12. Hi, recently bought an S2 Exige but the emissions seem to be a bit north of where I need them to be for a mot! I don’t suppose anyone has a friendly tester or a cat I could borrow for a day? Happy to leave a deposit and beer tokens 🥰🥰🥰etc etc….. based in near Stoke on Trent! cheers
  13. Last week
  14. Front clam is on. Took about 15mins to lift into position and an hour or so to align it so that when the doors opened they didn't foul on the clam. Next up are the wheelarches
  15. Thanks Pete, I reckon I am going to order one.....
  16. You must be getting excited! Soon back on the tarmac....
  17. If all goes well, 5 months after I started my T49 refresh, by the end of tomorrow the front clam will be back on
  18. Hi, how much for the wheelcentres please ?
  19. Hi all you lovely MLOC people. We're hopefully going to create a series of teaser videos for Lotus in the Peak 2024 and post them onto social media. Maybe you have suitable footage that could be used, or if you have ideas for getting more then please let us know. They'll be posted onto the Lotus in the Peak Facebook page, so please like and share onto other Facebook groups. Here is the Link to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LotusinthePeak/ For more info and to get booked on follow the link https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/litpbooking/ Here's the first of the videos: LitP teaser 1.mp4
  20. You cant beat a bit of gold bling matey! However if you think they are a bit OTT, Ive got a full set of black Lotus badges including bonnet badge gathering dust.
  21. If you're not fixed on a later Cup then your money would be safe in something like this.... https://classifieds.seloc.org/ads/s240-pp/ That looks like a very nice car to me
  22. I emailed them yesterday and they got straight back to me. [email protected] Here's what they said ... Basic overhaul charge is £92.50 plus vat per damper, this includes new seals, bearing, fresh oil and re-gas. But will exclude any main components, so any additional parts will be charged on top. We will advise of this if necessary before going ahead to confirm you agree if any additional costs apply. If you want them checked and repaired please send them back to our address, as below marked to the attention of the service department, including a cover letter with description what is required, a contact number and returns address Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk
  23. Lotus double sided tape on the flaps over console (They are already attached to gater, peal and stick) Also sits ok without sticking them the flaps are stiff enough.
  24. I like the look of that. It would match my current gear cover. What holds it in place? Clip inside?
  25. I ordered mine online from Lotus for my S2 Exige is same part for Elise 111r. Part number A120V0172J from SJ Sportcars, Elise Parts Lotus dealer. Cost £90 plus vat.
  26. I actually got the dampers redone to get it through its MOT as it was up for sale and I sold it shortly afterwards, so didn't get the chance to drive it
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use