All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. gingerbloke

1997 S1 Elise Bonnet Hinge replacement

All done, fiddly as f@@k to adjust, thanks for the heads-up on how to get it unhitched when it's stuck down. Now on to all the other jobs that are due on a 22 year old car......
  4. Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Goodwood FOS hill climb 2018 View the full article
  5. Lotus at Goodwood FOS 2018 View the full article
  6. Lotus - 70 years of innovation View the full article
  7. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

I believe these are designed for the short soft tops only , I think you may have the long soft top? but if you have the short top same as as later s2/s3 then it should be all good
  8. Kevin

Elise roof cable.

Does anyone know if these fit a 2002 S2? I ask as has the description the the eBay site is not clear Thanks Kevin
  9. Yesterday
  10. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

Cheers, the eye ends seem to be a better design πŸ‘
  11. Baxter33

Elise roof cable.

I have fitted 2 of these as above, they work fine
  12. Elisemadray

Elise roof cable.

I Brought one to replace my snapped roof cable took 10 mins to replace well happy Β£49 (still not cheap for a cable) but halve the price of the lotus one
  13. Last week
  14. jonnyfox

And get someone to pull the bonnet up gently while you are pulling on the bonnet realise.
  15. kayj_prod

I agree with Lithopsian, however, if it does go wrong, you can resolve it easily as long as you can get a wheel off. It’s a job where slow and steady really is the best course.
  16. Lithopsian

I think its an over-played problem, but it certainly gets your heart rate up when you pull the handle and it doesn't open. Unless you've got it really badly aligned and then forced it closed when it didn't want to go, it can be freed by pushing the bonnet in one direction or another so the catch is more central and it will pop open. Take care that the catch is aligned with the hole when you're adjusting and you'll be fine.
  17. gingerbloke

You guys have got me worried now.......
  18. Dr H

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

I think the pic 'overstates;' the brightness a bit but it's not too far off.
  19. Kevin

Toyo Proxes T1-R Tyres

Time Left: 2 months and 23 days

• FOR SALE
    • USED

2 x 195/50/16 & 2 x 225/45/17 with between 5mm - 6mm tread remaining on all 4 tyres. These were fitted in 2016 and covered approx. 8,000 miles. Collect from Shrewsbury or can arrange delivery on my commuter route between Shrewsbury and Derby. Β£100

Β£100.00

Shrewsbury , Shropshire - GB

20. The Cakes

Ooooooh nice!!! πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  21. jonnyfox

Very bright, nooooooooooooo πŸ˜‰
  22. kayj_prod

...and if you do get it wrong, make sure you have the locking wheel nut doofer to hand so you can get a wheel off to reach through and release it from underneath. (Also been there. πŸ˜‰)
  23. Lithopsian

I've become an expert at how to open the catch when it isn't quite aligned right :) I just can't leave the bonnet wonky!
  24. Dr H

It's getting greener...... This pic is a better take on the actually colour but probably shows it a tiny bit greener than it actually is. It's very bright in the flesh (or plastic/FG) Will be ready to collect on Friday 31st May (2019)
  25. jonnyfox

That is so true Phil. I took the bolts out and had both the hinge and shims anodised again. Minty minty styley 😁
  26. MattyB

Considering a return to the fold....

Well remembered! Many (many) years ago I owned a black S160. Crazy to think I sold it in 2005 for Β£13,500 and 14 years on they're worth significantly more! I'm over in Wolverhampton, so currently use Top Gear Automotive as they're right on my doorstep. Dan@HPE is worth a visit too, especially if you're looking at tinkering.
  27. Earlier
  28. Phil S1

Nice job! A word of warning, when you refit the bonnet, aligning the latch mechanism can be a right pain. It may look right, so you shut it, only to then find you can't open it again! Been there, done that!
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Γ—

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use