litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I ordered mine online from Lotus for my S2 Exige is same part for Elise 111r. Part number A120V0172J from SJ Sportcars, Elise Parts Lotus dealer. Cost £90 plus vat.
  3. Yesterday
  4. I actually got the dampers redone to get it through its MOT as it was up for sale and I sold it shortly afterwards, so didn't get the chance to drive it
  5. I have left a couple of voicemails and tried calling but to no avail Next will be try and call around when I get some time but to say a little disappointed at their customer service ?
  6. With the refreshed dampers, did you notice any difference to the way your car handled or responded to bumps etc compared to before the refresh?
  7. And I have new wheel centres to replace the tatty original ones. Are they genuine. No. Are they just a 1mm thick badge stuck onto an aftermarket centre of the right diameter. Yes. £6 each compared to the £35 each to buy originals from Lotus. Are they to everyone's taste, must be, its gold on gold 😮
  8. One corner is now complete incl wheelarch liner. Another milestone today 😊
  9. Guy I don't blame you for passing. I'm not saying it's a bad car but 29,000 miles, a substantial portion of which are on track including some cruncher drivers that can't heel and toe ..... it would worry me. Standard Lotus service intervals aren't designed for full-on track cars. I'd want to see much shorter service intervals and so on.
  10. Luvly Car Guy , I would Defo get the tyres changed will have hardened , V105' are a good all round sports tyre I have them on mine, I would only go more Track orientated if you actually plan on doing lots of track days I do track days on mine and they are fine, just not going to set lap records, but they will keep you safer in the rain/wet cars are very individual things we spend our money and enjoy, I just know your gonna luv it if you get it if not like buses another will be along
  11. Lol, I doubt many were leisurely spins on a back road with the roof off. I would suspect that when it comes to 'track' sessions, training/coaching others are going to be the harshest on all extremes of the movable/consumable parts.......
  12. That’s a shame it’s a lovely looking car. It is cheap for a Cup and I guess there’s a reason for that. Not many out there to be fair☹️. I’d still suggest joining the FB group if it’s a Cup your after, they tend to get posted up on there before anywhere else so got to be worth a poke.
  13. I'm going to pass on this car unfortunately. There's a 2 year gap in the service history and the car was used mainly as a track car to train/coach people who booked sessions with the owner. It's a lovely piece of kit but for £38k, I want something I can be more sure about. I suspect most of the 29,000 miles have been hard ones!!
  14. CDM2018

Lakes District

Yes E5 is available even in rural Scotland I made sure I fully topped up with E5 but my Evora can run on E10 but it did make it run awful so stuck to Shell E5
  15. 13 thousand 8 hundred and 9...and a half laps of Anglesey long circuit. 😁
  16. What sort of mileage has it done? Big track day miles on sticky tyres will have an affect on the suspension. Again I’m not saying there’s anything untoward it’s what they’re built for, it’s just something I’d be checking closely.
  17. You don't' have to teel me about that, it's been a 10 year inner battle for me and still won't go away - Elise or Exige? -Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? -Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? -Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? -Elise or Exige? - Elise or Exige? ..... you get the idea! You know that I bloody LOVE the Exige V6, it's a proper event to drive on faster roads and has fabulous supercar looks, but for Peak District back roads the Elise is just more playful, more fun
  18. Agreed Dunc, and it’s also part of the reason I sold my V6. That and the fact the Elise is so much more nimble on a B road. You really feel the difference.
  19. To be fair it's not just the tax though Dave, general running costs for the V6 are also higher than for an Elise, tyres, brakes, fuel, servicing..... it all adds up. Regarding the tyres, use them as a bargaining point but then take the car without them and see how it feels. If the wheels/tyres have been stored indoors in a cool place for long periods of time (maybe even wrapped in cling film, who knows?) then they could well be ok. Regardless, they will almost certainly be ok for dry/summer use
  20. It’s the first question I am going to ask him when I ring him later today. From what I can make out, I think the car has spent most of its life on track so a second set of wheels and tyres makes sense.
  21. I wasn’t questioning the quality of the car, I’m sure it’s a belter, I was just pointing you towards the Cup FB group as they have more model specific knowledge when it comes to Cup cars, they are a pretty rare beast and most are known to the group. The tyres issue is up to you, if it was me I’d be asking why such a fastidious owner has such old tyres on the car despite the spare set of wheels, I’d offer to go half’s with the seller on a new set.
  22. Last week
  23. Pete_72

Lakes District

I drove a s**t hire car from Inverness to Thurso years ago. It was a really nice drive I could see me doing it in the Lotus NP. I have an eye on Glencoe looks nice drive. Plenty of E5 in Scotland? Its a pain to get it here and almost non existent in Ireland ffs.
  24. CDM2018

Lakes District

After you done Lake District plan going up to Scotland and do NC500 scenery even better !
  25. I dont believe you're being unreasonable or necessarily reasonable. I think your right when you say 'In my mind they need replacing". Do it. you'll not get peace of mind otherwise. I've got the same tyres on mine and of the same age and prob same decent condition. Yes they will be less grippy than new. But in actuality they may well have loads of mechanical grip left for a fews years yet. When I say actuality, I mean from a recent driving course at millbrook where the car wouldn't spin on the lake of standing water which is the skid pan unless you were in first and booted it while doing a Scandinavian flick. In second it just hung on like a limpet until oversteer. The instructor couldn't believe it. After that my car was driven by a pro driver with me as a passenger round the alpine hill circuit faster than anyone here could dream of driving. Pro drivers feedback after that session..."God I love elises just as good as I remember but probably a little over tyred on the modern rubber". Just giving you another reference point in support of Dave99 initial observation. I also just bought a new set of wheels with brand new v105. The tread looks like mondao man but the rubber feels really grippy. I'm sure they will be excellent road and all weather tyre for most. If it was me I'd test drive it and if happy make use of the tyres until the tread or the grip levels tell me otherwise. But then "in my mind they probably don't need replacing" 🤣 Good luck with the purchase. The car looks amazing MrWill 👍 Ps I bought new wheels...I was just lucky in that they came with fresh rubber 😉
  26. I got an email from the previous owner. He’s given me a lot of info about the car. Rad has been replaced and upgraded. Upgraded brake pads (Pagid RS14), Dot 5 brake fluid. Aircon was recently overhauled. Degassed and new seals. Gear cables have been recently replaced and gearbox mounts have been upgraded. New windscreen 500 miles ago. He’s a qualified motorsport engineer, so all consumables were checked and replaced at very regular intervals. He’s moved abroad to work, hence sale of the car. He’s given me his contact number so I can call him tomorrow and get any other questions answered quickly. 👍
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use