litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
This advert is COMPLETED!

S1 Exige, very original, all the right bits.

(0 reviews)

S1 Exige, very original, all the right bits.

(0 reviews)

£38,000

• Price £38,000
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

I know the market is slow but I thought I'd try this.  I have and S1 and an S2 Exige and one of them has to go to make space for a Caterham in the garage. The S2 will be off to a dealer in a few weeks but I really like them both so I'm torn about which to keep.  

You probably know all about S1 Exiges but to me there a few things that are must haves when buying one.

1. The engine must be running smoothly and like clockwork, they are simple but diagnostics can be painful. This one runs splendidly, pulls 30mph in 4th, no kangaroos or other oddities. It was not like that until I fitted verniers, a new lambda probe and spark plug leads.   It's now a total pussy cat but has the fantastic VHPD sound.

2. It must have all the good options. Sports seats, harnesses (I have belts as well), 190 upgrade, carbon airbox, aircon.  They aircon does not work (none do) but the extra vents are a big improvement on the standard Elise.

3. It needs to be bright - they are small and fast projectiles on the road, better to be seen and look good.

4. It needs to be original - is still a VHPD (I have a spare engine which can be available separately), it's running Nitrons but I have the originals.   It has never been resprayed or had panels replaced. It does have some stone chips and a couple of star crazes.  I would not dream of repainting it.

5. It needs to be a car you can use - it drives smoothly, starts hot or cold, passes the MoT, gleams fantastically but is not a garage queen, you can use it without worry, but it does draw crowds.  Sadly, I have only been using it for Lotus in the Peak and charity dream rides for children.

I've set a price 2k less than a dealer offered me last year, reflecting the slow market for everything (not just Lotus cars).

Ping me for more information or any questions.

Belper, Derbyshire - United Kingdom

This content is now closed to further comments.

There are no reviews to display.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use