litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
THIS ADVERT HAS EXPIRED!

Tuned Lotus Elise S1 K-Series Engine including PTP 140 spec head

(0 reviews)

Tuned Lotus Elise S1 K-Series Engine including PTP 140 spec head

(0 reviews)

£875

• Price £875
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

I’m selling the fully working – very well in fact – sensibly slightly modified Rover 1.8 K-Series out of my  Lotus Elise Series 1.   I have owned it for over 18 years.  Just turned 43,230 miles in a 19 year old car this month!   It’s a well looked after, known quantity.  It has been very carefully removed from the car and lightly cleaned up.   Dynoned last month at Area 52 it made a very impressive 132.8HP at the flywheel, pulling cleaning with a great flat torque cure - max 132 Ftlb.  Cracking.   I think it would have made more if the side scoop had had a fan blowing air into the air filter pick up.  

·         Full engine with professionally ported and flowed cylinder head (cost £350) - similar spec to the PTP 140 head that was nearly £1,500 in it’s day! (CAM belt and idler were changed on schedule)

Motorsport (High quality) head gasket fitted at same time of above work

NOT included in this sale, but listed separately, that was all running together – effectively the Lotus Sport 135 spec is

·         VCC Metal inlet plenum connected to inlet manifold and head – recent new inlet gasket fitted Fuel Rail and Injectors and Trophy (larger) metal throttle body

·          Lots of other parts to that I will list as I get to them

.     Note the Close ration gearbox and lightened flywheel have been sold.

This sale is for the engine only - what you see in the pictures.

Mega together and one of the best performing, value for money reliable specs for the K–Series.  Happy to agree a deal on what is available at the time.

The head work, inlet plenum and close ratio gearbox (plus lightened) flywheel take this to what was the PTP 140 (Lotus Sport 135) Spec.  Quick car was made even quicker.

Collection only – sold as seen – no warranty or returns.  I have been as open and honest as I can be and I will provide any documentation that I have.

Starts on the button, revs cleanly, passes an MOT every year, burns no oil.  Runs at 86 degrees all day long.  Never missed a beat.  Always warned up gently – never thrashed and has never wanted for everything.

Perfect to fit into an Elise project, an MGF, other various Rovers, kit car or several other cars.

I was always going to change the main crank oil seal when it needed a clutch as the original ones are not great and tended to weep – which I think mine is.  I would all ways fit a new 3-piece clutch if you are splitting the gearbox from the engine too.  Other than that it is a cracker.

I am open to sensible offers.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask questions.

Have fun now.

Best regards Gary

Nr Grantham LINCS

Recommended Questions

There are no questions to display.

This advert is now closed to further questions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use