litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
You need to be logged in to see additionnal information and be able to contact the advertiser!
This advert is COMPLETED!

S1 Exige - £36,995

(0 reviews)

S1 Exige - £36,995

(0 reviews)

£36,995

• Price £36,995
0 Questions
0 Reviews

Description

2000 S1 Lotus Exige

38,000 miles approx (New Stack unit at approx 31,700, so now showing 5853, therefore approx 37,553 miles.)

MOT to 13/09/2019

Azure Blue

Black leather seats

Part Alcantara dash and Alcantara door cards

190 upgrade

Bluetooth stereo

First registered in Jersey and then brought back and registered in the UK in 2004

Having owned Lotus for 10 years, I finally bit the bullet and bought an S1 Exige in July 2016, my favourite Lotus of all time. I purchased from Snows Lotus, but I knew the previous owner who had part exchanged it for an Evora after 8 / 9 years of ownership.

I’ve spent approx £11,000 getting running and handling properly, it had sat in a garage for about 4 years with almost not driving.

Work carried out (in approx order):

New sill covers late 2016

Momo Team steering wheel (300mm), plus original wheel

Yokohama AD08R about 1500 miles of wear

New gear linkage kit - Eliseparts - October 2017

Serviced  - Analogue Automotive -October 2017

New Fuel pump - Analogue Automotive - December 2017

Eliseparts lightweight 48 litre fuel tank  - Analogue Automotive - December 2017

Emerald K6 ECU (original ECU included, but I was told it was faulty) with 3 way map switch

Coolant system pressure checked - Sportomotive - September 2018

Head Gasket and head skim - Sportomotive - September 2018

Rings and Bores checked at the same time and given a clean bill of health. - Sportomotive - September 2018

Gearbox rebuild - Sportomotive - September 2018

New Clutch -  - September 2018

Serviced - Sportomotive - September 2018

Mapping on 95 Ron - JKM in Portsmouth (massively better than the original ECU and map) - October 2018, switchable no pops and bangs and MOT maps included.

New Nitron NTR Fast Road shocks and geo - Back on Track - November 2018

Featured in Evo magazine in March 2009 (copy included in the sale)

Stacks of service history

2 sets of original matts, plus grey aftermarket matts.

Whilst most sane people would then keep it having done so much work to t and as it’s probably running better than it ever has, things change and I’m back into doing trackdays and sharing a track car with my Son. We have been using his old  Mk1 MX5 which I bought off him, as it didn’t feel right to thrash the Exige around track (I did do Brands Hatch in it). The MX5 has been great fun, but it’s sooooo sloooow on the straights that we have decided to get something with a little more power, so both the Exige and MX5 are going to be sold and replace with one car (probably a VX220).

Selling at a sensible price for an original Exige. All the VHPD engined cars are £41,500 - 57,500 on Pistonheads.

The bodywork isn’t perfect with some cracks and scruffs, reflecting its age, but overall it looks nice enough.

I’m pricing it at a bargain basement take it or leave it price of £36,995 because I want it to sell and don’t want to have to spend ages dealing with people making silly offers.

Southampton, hampshire - United Kingdom

This content is now closed to further comments.

There are no reviews to display.

Other adverts from fatwomble

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use