Jump to content
  • LITPEmail2.jpg

    MLOC is a not-for-profit site and run by its members for its members!

    Donations will help keep our site running as it grows and uses more bandwidth and disk space. Your donation will help to offset some of these expenses and keep MLOC free.

    All donations from our members go towards maintaining the site. While we know it's not possible for all to contribute - every donation is important.

    If you feel this site has helped you in any way and would like to help build a stronger community, please take the time to donate. We have no set amount for donations, whatever you feel is appropriate. To donate, simply click on the link below, you will be taken to the links for secure payment.

    Thank you.

    Click here to donate to MLOC

  • Forum Statistics

    32,260
    Total Topics
    270,677
    Total Posts
  • Posts

    • Think that rear clam would have been the death of me 😂 As always, amazing stuff!
    • Not much progress to report. All paint repairs were completed lat week. However the repair of the 'burn' mark on the rear clam which was perfect ended up getting damaged as the clam was sat for a few weeks . It was sat on the floor on a cloth and the weight of the calm and the very lightly soft paint mean the weave of the cloth imprinted into the paint so plan is to do it again once car is completely assembled for the final time..... Fitted the boot wall heat shield. LB do one but I didn't know that and made my own. Sheet of aluminum and standoffs to give a 5mm air gap. Should work well. Oil filter now relocated and hoses connected. Just waiting for a slightly different hose end (60 degree rather than 45) to make the bend slightly less tight on the one with the fire sleeve and then I'll get it all fully connected up and fire sleeve on both hoses. Also took the opportunity to move the oil temp sender. This was located right under the exhaust manifold and although I have a small heat shield fitted I'm sure it was helping to give the very high oil temps we saw on the RR when we ran it for the first time. It was where the silver colourred bung and copper washer now are: And it's been moved to the remote oil head on the feed from the engine before it goes to the cooler. All this allows me to fit a much bigger oil filter. Equal length manifolds currently being made, the guy has the OEM ones of the Afla 166 he's using as a pattern so things are moving on there. Will be putting the rear clam back on to sort out the catches etc and maybe start thinking about bunging the seats, fit the dash etc. Will probably leave the doors off for the time being. Less likelihood of me damaging the paint again and easier to get in and out for fitting interior and the like. Next RR session will be toward end of Feb next year and then we should really be on the home straight! Famous last words.......  
    • Martin that would be great, let me know how much
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use